ReefCleaners.org

Drilling ADA 60F

Zchauvin

Hey guys I have a 60F coming in on Tuesday. I'd like to drill it but cannot decide whether I should go with an overflow box or just a bulk head. This will go in bedroom so needs to be quiet.

tanacharison
1 hour ago, Zchauvin said:

Hey guys I have a 60F coming in on Tuesday. I'd like to drill it but cannot decide whether I should go with an overflow box or just a bulk head. This will go in bedroom so needs to be quiet.

If done right you will have little noise from your overflow box.  The new Eclipse overflow box by Eshopps looks really nice for the price.

Definitely go with an overflow box. Those Eshopps ones look good and is basically a herbie style overflow. Dead silent if tuned right just get a good valve and you will be good to go. Also may need to drill it for a return also unless you are going over the top but kind of defeats the purpose of that nice looking overflow box.

Wouldn't those be kinda big for such a small tank?

The "small" is 6x6 and this tank is 7" tall lol. If I do overflow I was thinking something like glass holes super nano.

tanacharison
On 4/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, Zchauvin said:

Wouldn't those be kinda big for such a small tank?

The "small" is 6x6 and this tank is 7" tall lol. If I do overflow I was thinking something like glass holes super nano.

Never owned one but after taking a look at that overflow I can't tell if it has 2 return drains.  Something you really want to have.  I'm also not sure now much you would like the toothless overflow.  Here is an amazing source on plumbing and overflows.  http://gmacreef.com/herbie-overflow-reef-tank-plumbing-method-basics/

Archived