Coral Vue Hydros

Saltwater

grinder143

I have about 30 gallons of saltwater that has been mixed for about 6 weeks has always had a pump circulating in it . Use it or throw it out, wanted to change out 30 gallons today and another 30 in couple days. 

MainelyReefer

Instinct says chuck it, longest I have gone is 5 days and that was a stretch,  what mix did you use? Is there any precipitation of any sort? What has it's temperature been and has it been covered? Out of sunlight? Is there a smell to it?  I once mixed a brute trash can filled with about 25-30 gallons and rscp salt and in about a month it was visibly not the same and clearly not usable based on a rotten egg smell, I left it to sit for another two months and the quality visibly degraded further at which point I chucked it, sometimes I'm just lazy.     aquaforest products state to use the mix within a five day period, also look up a BRS tv episode on salt mix life if I'm not mistaken they did an episode on the viability of different mixes after different periods of time. Here is the link

Archived