Coral Vue Hydros

What is this, good or bad

tlford555

Looks like a type of worm, mushroom has been sad but looks better today I think he gets hit by the plastic tank skimmer when the power is shut off

IMG_1604.JPG

Definitely looks like a Eunice worm.  I have one called The Creep, he's an artist. 

They can murder just about anything. I had to remove the entire rock he lived in because they never come out of the rock completely.  

The Creep eats snails, macro algae, sometimes random corals and just about anything I can feed him. 

25 minutes ago, tlford555 said:

I haven't seen it since they day I posted this I will

start the worm hunt today to try to get rid of it

Just don't try to pull it out. If it breaks up you'll have a million of them.   If you know the rock it came out of, remove the whole rock. 

The rock that he is in has my mushrooms on it hatero loose them. I'm new to the hobby and have no idea how to remove them from the rock, can I do a RO dip to kill him or some kind of dip?

If you want to be positive he's out I would chip off the coral and remove the entire rock.  They are pretty resilient little dudes. 

The Creep lived in a rock of GSP.  I loved that rock but didn't want the worm in my display tank.  So sadly, the whole rock covered in coral and feather dusters had to go.  

It's about choices.  Is the coral more important than the danger he represents?  We can't answer that for you.  

Simulated Fish

WV is right. It's nicknamed a Bobbitt worm for a reason, this then can take off your finger no joke. While some people are okay with the huge risk personal I wouldn't be. They are sneaky bastards, not like and eel or lionfish that we can keep tabs on while hands are in the tank.

Once this guy grows, and he will grow HUGE, it WILL KILL your fish and inverts I promise you.

You can try a 5 min FW dip but imo it will just retract into the rock and wait it out. 

Anyone recall that epic tread from years ago about the 3ft Bobbitt worm? I'm going to find the link for you tlford

Edit: found it!

Archived