Cultivated Reef

Multi-LED chips for pico tanks/jars?

Sailfish

Hey, what's going on?:D

I have been using the Lumia 5.2, over my 24G Reef Cube since Christmas, and overall happy with it.
Now, I'm looking for lighting options to set up a small softy/LPS reef Jar, without much luck.
The Lumia 5.2 fits over a pico, but $108.00 for only the LED chip is slight overkill for a tiny pico, don't you agree?:lol:

What do you guys think of this LED chip: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Channel-Cree-Epileds-Royal-Blue-UV-Cyan-Cool-Warm-White-20-Beads-Multichip-LED-/371609049238?hash=item5685a01896:g:WxgAAOSw~oFXHZls
"channel 1: 5x royal blue (450nm) 
DC Forward Voltage (VF): 15V
DC Forward Current (IF): 350-1000MA 
channel 2: 2x true white (5000k) + 1x cool white (10,000k) + 2x warm white (3000k) 
DC Forward Current (IF): 350-1000MA 
channel 3: 2x blue (465nm) + 1 cool white (10,000k) + 2 cyan (490nm) 
DC Forward Current (IF): 350-600MA 
channel 4: 5x violet (420nm)--Epileds
DC Forward Current (IF): 350-600MA"

Any other good and controllable options out there, for picos?:)

The Kessil A80 is very nice, but it is surfing in the similar price range of the Lumia 5.2. Maybe a bit cheaper when you add the cost of drivers, controller, power supply etc. to the Lumia, but still quite steep for a budget pico setup :)

HighCurrent

Those look very nice! I had never even seen those before. Definitely going to keep them in mind for when my acro out grow my A80.

HighCurrent

Those blueacro boys seem to have some really nice stuff!

They seriously need to offer a kit with everything (no mention of dimmers, cases on their site) for the diy or ready built.

Archived