Pod Your Reef

xiaoxiy

39 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Everything looks great! The rainbow monti looks spot on right now too!

Gracias Dave! It's taken a bit of time for the monti to color up, but it's now one of my favorite corals.

Wow, that's the fastest tank upgrade I've ever seen! I love the look of the Mame overflow but I never considered it because I was sure I'd break it eventually. 

I love the new scape with the Stax rocks. They look much better in real life than I thought they would. You've done a great job! 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Everything just looks A+ !!! 

17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, that's the fastest tank upgrade I've ever seen! I love the look of the Mame overflow but I never considered it because I was sure I'd break it eventually. 

I love the new scape with the Stax rocks. They look much better in real life than I thought they would. You've done a great job! 

Thanks Teeny. It was literally a 12 hour tank swap. It went from breaking my Mame at 10AM, to me picking up the tank by that afternoon, and the install happened that same night. Fortunately, all I had to do was drill some new holes in my existing stand to accommodate the ELOS plumbing. I love the stax rocks, and plan on using them in future tanks.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, xiaoxiy said:

Lettuce Nudis are nontoxic!

It’s so pretty :haha:

1 minute ago, xiaoxiy said:

Lettuce Nudis are nontoxic!

I meant that I thought they ate corals 

16 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

It’s so pretty :haha:

I meant that I thought they ate corals 

Not the lettuce ones. They have a diet of algae, including bryopsis!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I really REALLY really like that scape. It's a miniature cannon live the cannon scapes and the fact you've managed to absolutely nail it on such a small scale is awesome! Corals are looking super healthy too

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Hobbs said:

Is that the reefwise in lisle? I walked in there once but no one was in there so I slowly walked out lol. I’m a big fan of Aqua Pros

Yeah! Did you go deeper into the store? The first half of the store is like tanks/empty displays. The back half of the store is where all the goodies are, and where the employees stand around. I haven't gone to Aqua Pros yet, I'll definitely have to check them out the next time I'm in Chicago again though.

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I swear this tank looks better and better every time you post pics !!! 

That's the dream! I should be done adding corals now; the tank's foundations are pretty much done. Time to wait for things to grow in and fill the scape up!

1 hour ago, xiaoxiy said:

That's the dream! I should be done adding corals now; the tank's foundations are pretty much done. Time to wait for things to grow in and fill the scape up!

Nothing wrong with that !!! Now we just need some top down shots !! 

7 hours ago, xiaoxiy said:

Yeah! Did you go deeper into the store? The first half of the store is like tanks/empty displays. The back half of the store is where all the goodies are, and where the employees stand around. I haven't gone to Aqua Pros yet, I'll definitely have to check them out the next time I'm in Chicago again though.

I went halfway in and it seemed really empty so I left lol.

cant wait to see the grow out!