inTank Media Baskets

xiaoxiy

Love it! The HW is looking happy and hoping it will take off soon. From my understanding once it settles it will grow pretty quickly. 

-Dave

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, xiaoxiy said:

Lets continue to be distracted from my tank woes with pretty corals.

Here's a pink/blue millepora.

39791650464_f9393051f8_b.jpg

I got a frag of that same mille.  Not sure that my tips are blue, but it's definitely the same one.  I think that it "paused" while in CH.  I'm starting to see some growth again, but it's just starting and not definite. 

8 minutes ago, IAShane said:

I got a frag of that same mille.  Not sure that my tips are blue, but it's definitely the same one.  I think that it "paused" while in CH.  I'm starting to see some growth again, but it's just starting and not definite. 

I saw, on Facebook! Mine has hints of blue at the tip. Mine has just begun coloring back up at the sites where it was cut.

1 hour ago, IAShane said:

Yeah you could tell they were somewhat fresh cuts.  Do you still need the PAR meter?

Yeah. I’m grabbing 2 Radion gen3 xr30s to put over my rank until Dave gets my lights back to me. Gotta make sure I dont burn my corals.

19 hours ago, k4ndyk1ng said:

Wow, this tank is stunning.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Everything is looking good! I love your feeding list... keep the corals fat and healthy. 

Yeah..... I've been feeding especially hard this week because my normal lights are being repaired my Dave. I dropped from 300-500 PAR down to 130-180 PAR. Hoping to make up for the energy loss via heterotrophic feedings!

On 3/7/2018 at 9:30 PM, IAShane said:

How is the tank doing?

Doing well, but stagnant. 

A 1 week drop in PAR (from ~300-400 PAR down to 130-180PAR)  browned out a few of my acropora. My alkalinity consumption has also dropped to a quarter of what it was previously <- this was a disaster waiting to happen because I tested my alkalinity one morning and it was up to 8.5 from 7.4! I turned my dosers off and am letting my alk slowly fall back down to ~7.

On the bright side, I installed some temporary radions (2x Gen 3 XR30s) over my tank on Tuesday

40661662011_10e5a65db3_b.jpg

I am disappointed with the hotspots and spread of the XR30s, although I do have to admit to not knowing which lens the G3s have on atm. 

For anyone who was/is interested in visually mimicking the AB+ program, a ratio of 4B:1W ratio on the Nanobox duo (with limes) is very visually similar to AB+ program on the radions.

I also went through and cleaned up my frag tank this week as well. I've elevated the frag rack so that the Jebao powerhead sits under the frag rack and clears out detritus from the glass. Another benefit to having the Jebao under the frag rack is that it creates an very broad, indirect flow over my corals! This allows me to run my Jebao WP25 at 100% without being scared of too much direct flow. Each SPS tile gets approximately ~280-300 PAR!

25769419697_afee419db4_b.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cobra2326 said:

2 XR30s is a lot of light over that 30G!

Tell me about it. Awful coverage with the installed lens though. I’m glad my nanobox ati hybrid just came back  in. 

I also have access to a really good par meter so I’ve set it so all the sps only get approximately 300 par

• Like 1
22 hours ago, xiaoxiy said:

Guess the bulb combo.... (over my fiancee's tank)

2 x GE 6500K 

2 x Blue +

Did I win?  What did I win?  SPS I hope.  :D

On 3/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, IAShane said:

2 x GE 6500K 

2 x Blue +

Did I win?  What did I win?  SPS I hope.  :D

You win the opportunity to throw me some of your new sps acquisitions! 

On 3/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, xiaoxiy said:

Tell me about it. Awful coverage with the installed lens though. I’m glad my nanobox ati hybrid just came back  in. 

I also have access to a really good par meter so I’ve set it so all the sps only get approximately 300 par

Just curious, can you explain more about how the coverage is bad? Lots of peaks?

59 minutes ago, cobra2326 said:

Just curious, can you explain more about how the coverage is bad? Lots of peaks?

When 1 of those lights were off, the entire half of my aquascape was dark.

Nanobox Hybrid back over the tank! 

38909719570_33e1d95051_b.jpg

On a negative note, some of my acroporas didn't handle the light fiasco very well. I'll post pictures later, but the aftermath ranges from browning tissue to peeling as well. They're of my favorite acroporas too (the new millepora) I suspect that the 1dkH alk increase, in addition to the fact that these were maricultured, damaged them heavily. I am now constantly staring at my tank, mentally willing the acropora to make a recovery. I need a distraction....

I sent my triton test in last week as well; we'll see what it shows.

I also got a replacement skimmer pump in and reinstalled my skimmer. Unfortunately, the first thing the skimmer decided to do was overflow like crazy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, IAShane said:

Gah!  The new pink milli?

You know it! That and the green gold one. I am so frustrated with my tank right now...

Tempted to say #### it and do a 5 Gallon Water Change every day this week to reset the system. Screw waiting on Triton results. If they come back with good results, I’ll know that I don’t need to water changes in the future.