SaltCritters.com

xiaoxiy

On 4/7/2018 at 9:48 AM, SeaFurn said:

Looks fantastic! I love the height of your scape.

Glad the changes you've made are helping. 

Thanks!

On 4/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, teenyreef said:

I'm glad things are improving! My 30g frag tank always has zero nitrates, so I dose both KNO3 and aminos. 

I wonder how much KNO3 I'll have to dose before I get detectable nitrates.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:48 PM, k4ndyk1ng said:

Looking amazing!

Thanks man! 

On 3/14/2018 at 8:25 AM, xiaoxiy said:

Here are the two browning milleporas :(

38994744870_d976abefb5_b.jpg

You can really see how much they've browned in the reflection in this picture.

40762718692_61965ee7f7_b.jpg

My secale, however, is developing some serious purples again.

38994744880_3604988fba_b.jpg

These frags didn't even flinch during the fiasco.

39909626615_837110026d_b.jpg

Finally, here's a really good representation of the spectrum/color I see from 7AM-3PM.

Looking good! 

You always have your tank rocking like that? That’s scary on a rimless.  My favorite setting and pretty much perminant has always been reef crest, lots of good random flow.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Asureef said:

Looking good! 

You always have your tank rocking like that? That’s scary on a rimless.  My favorite setting and pretty much perminant has always been reef crest, lots of good random flow.  

I normally would be terrified as well, but the ELOS tanks are basically built like a bomb shelter. The glass is 3/8th inch, and the manufacturer glued plastic supports glued all along the inside of the tank. 

6 hours ago, benjho said:

let me guess ur fav color, GREEN!!! Am I right? :lol::lol::lol:

Nice shots mang

:P I f****** hate the amount of green in the tank right now! Been slowly adding more reds; my red acroporas are slowly coloring up as well.

5 hours ago, blizzardscout2 said:

Your tank looks awesome, that flow is crazy in that video. You got me messing with my MP10s right now. :lol:

Thanks man! MP10s are so versatile. I'm even tempted to eventually add 2 more MP10s for even more flow.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, xiaoxiy said:

I normally would be terrified as well, but the ELOS tanks are basically built like a bomb shelter. The glass is 3/8th inch, and the manufacturer glued plastic supports glued all along the inside of the tank. 

:P I f****** hate the amount of green in the tank right now! Been slowly adding more reds; my red acroporas are slowly coloring up as well.

Thanks man! MP10s are so versatile. I'm even tempted to eventually add 2 more MP10s for even more flow.

Try a gyre, in that size tank it would rip! 

Vortechs are great for more rectangle shaped tanks imo, since they have a more narrow stream.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Asureef said:

Try a gyre, in that size tank it would rip! 

Vortechs are great for more rectangle shaped tanks imo, since they have a more narrow stream.  

Definitely was considering a gyre for a while. Got turned off by how often they malfunction and require maintenance however. I'm lazy and only clean my vortechs once every 3-6 months.

5 hours ago, benjho said:

Lolol nothing wrong wit green, the color of money ?? 

Lmao. If only this hobby made $$. Been the opposite so far!

• Like 2
23 hours ago, DaveFason said:

No more white LEDs are making things look awfully good. :)

You know it!

27506250318_fcc31ef13e_b.jpg

7 hours ago, benjho said:

lolol I see. What did the ocean say to the other ocean?

What?!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few more of my prized acropora. Teniuses seem to thrive in my tank, but milleporas slowly wither away.

Here's my favorite mariculture tenius. I've had it in my tank for almost 4 months now!

40777751185_347f116a24_b.jpg

Here's an unknown piece, was originally looked like a tricolor when I got it. It has now turned blue/green with hints of pink fluorescence in the axial corallites.

40777751125_c9fc37f3c2_b.jpg40777751155_c52c272c9c_b.jpg

Here's another unknown nugget.

27799639688_21af23526a_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Christopher Marks
On 4/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, xiaoxiy said:

I was browsing through old photos: October 27, 2017 to Today

26159566039_162aa19b6e_b.jpg27890390478_eca67726be_b.jpg

I missed your update last month! I love these side by side comparisons of growth! All the rock work looks so organic now covered in coralline. Anything new in the reef this month? 🙂 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I missed your update last month! I love these side by side comparisons of growth! All the rock work looks so organic now covered in coralline. Anything new in the reef this month? 🙂 

Only update currently is that I'm sitting in China while my reef is being babysat in the U.S. 😞 I miss my tank.

• Wow 1