Cultivated Reef

Spec V- Second tank build

Cedblais

On 5/19/2017 at 1:22 PM, Lula_Mae said:

The brown stuff definitely looks like diatoms.  Not sure on the fan, hopefully it will help.  Does your room get hot in summer months?  80 degrees is an ok temp but you don't want it getting a lot higher than that, and you don't want lots of fluctuation in temp.

the fan was just in case i cant set my AC soon enough but right now my room sits at 73 so i didnt use it once. Get it for the temps fluctuation ty :D 

On a new side, i bought a one head hammer frag and someone gave me a mangrove for free as i was looking for some on internet forums the other day. So i have read about them quite alot and heard they can be put between rock and they'll take hold on them with their roots. I know that its a slow grower and anything but do you think one mangrove will have an impact on my water quality ? 

I cut a hole in my mesh guard cause im too afraid of loosing my fish haha, sad cause i really like the topless look of the tank with the mangrove sticking out like this. do one of you know if my zoa will grow on the mangrove tronk if i glue them close enough when the mangrove will be settle in a month or two ? i think it would look nice to have it full of rasta zoa to the top :D

Im now taking a little break of new coral since im broke like a joke !! Ill keep it updated when something new happen ! Happy Reefing all!

18697536_10213224678511934_1260701295_o.thumb.jpg.25e0fca6d98586e517bcd426dfd923cb.jpg

18641535_10213226075026846_1414585562_o.thumb.jpg.f40a312b3991764fe9ede412eba0df46.jpg