Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

All right! Let's talk this bitch up! :naughtydance:

Who here likes reefs? Anybody? 

Ummm. No. Oh, wait...YEeees!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nidilsky said:

Ummm. No. Oh, wait...YEeees!

:happydance:

I am leaving my reef for the first time tomorrow for about a week and I am nervous something might go down while I'm gone. 

• Like 2
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I am leaving my reef for the first time tomorrow for about a week and I am nervous something might go down while I'm gone. 

It's insanity the first couple times, but if you invest in solid equipment it minimizes the catastrophes. We all know they are not completely avoidable, so day 1-3 drink as much as you can as fast as you can?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, frahny said:

It's insanity the first couple times, but if you invest in solid equipment it minimizes the catastrophes. We all know they are not completely avoidable, so day 1-3 drink as much as you can as fast as you can?

I'll be asking for photo updates on the regular I'm sure. 

5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

2 minutes ago, frahny said:

Frahny is lying. It's all gonna die. 

20 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

You ruined my ####ing diary. Insert cry emojy. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Frahny is lying. It's all gonna die. 

You ruined my ####ing diary. Insert cry emojy. 

2 minutes ago, frahny said:

This man has no filter!

I hate you guys!

no wait...... be my friend. 

Oh shit! You are hot now!!!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I hate you guys!

no wait...... be my friend. 

Oh shit! You are hot now!!!

Ha! Bout time. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I like Reefs, I like Reefs, do I get a Latecomer Prize?????

A plastic glow in the dark anemone maybe???

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I like Reefs, I like Reefs, do I get a Latecomer Prize?????

A plastic glow in the dark anemone maybe???

Oh great! Now I want a plastic glow in the dark Anemone.  :happy:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Oh great! Now I want a plastic glow in the dark Anemone.  :happy:

Hey, you know what would be fun?

If everyone switched their Av to a fake anemone pic for the day, and whoever has the best one gets a free plastic glow in the dark anemone. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Hey, you know what would be fun?

If everyone switched their Av to a fake anemone pic for the day, and whoever has the best one gets a free plastic glow in the dark anemone. 

whos supplying the prizes? I aint got money for that. lol

@WV Reefer invest in security camera.  We had two d-links on our 85.  one for the display where the auto feeder was and one for the sump.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

whos supplying the prizes? I aint got money for that. lol

@WV Reefer invest in security camera.  We had two d-links on our 85.  one for the display where the auto feeder was and one for the sump.

That will be the plan once the big reef is up and running.  I think my husband has the feeding down so we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed. fingerscrossed

• Like 1

Ok, so mixed water and did a 100% change. All I can say for now is fritz mixes really clear very fast, directions say to mix for twelve hours but I just did a quick bucket mix and let it finish the time in the tank. Nothing in there to hurt so why not? Actually I'm full of shit. There was water in the sand and I couldn't get the back chambers all the way empty. I'd give it a solid 90% and not feel like a liar though. So the water is new and tomorrow I'm getting a fish. 

Prolly a juvenile hippo tang. With a few jelly fish. Also, anyone know a good place to poach er uh, collect a sea turtle?

• Like 4
On 5/10/2017 at 6:33 AM, Nidilsky said:

Kinda doused bro's thread. Hope all is well w/ the 10g, bro! Lol.

No idea what you're trying to say. 

On 5/10/2017 at 5:05 AM, WV Reefer said:

That will be the plan once the big reef is up and running.  I think my husband has the feeding down so we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed. fingerscrossed

I can't believe your husband feeds you. Tell him I offer Man classes for very affordable rates. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Ok, so mixed water and did a 100% change. All I can say for now is fritz mixes really clear very fast, directions say to mix for twelve hours but I just did a quick bucket mix and let it finish the time in the tank. Nothing in there to hurt so why not? Actually I'm full of shit. There was water in the sand and I couldn't get the back chambers all the way empty. I'd give it a solid 90% and not feel like a liar though. So the water is new and tomorrow I'm getting a fish. 

Prolly a juvenile hippo tang. With a few jelly fish. Also, anyone know a good place to poach er uh, collect a sea turtle?

I just started using Fritz.  Its pretty amazing how quickly it dissolves and clears up.

Picasso Trigger!!! 

Just now, Type-H20 said:

I just started using Fritz.  Its pretty amazing how quickly it dissolves and clears up.

Picasso Trigger!!! 

Yeah it got clear fast. I'm not one to shun instructions though but, I have no doubt the bacteria will survive the shock. 

That trigger is just not bling enough. I'm still thinking sea turtle. Although, there have been a rash of great white sightings off the Cali coast. Wonder how hard it'd be just to snag a juvi, only a few feet or so. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah it got clear fast. I'm not one to shun instructions though but, I have no doubt the bacteria will survive the shock. 

That trigger is just not bling enough. I'm still thinking sea turtle. Although, there have been a rash of great white sightings off the Cali coast. Wonder how hard it'd be just to snag a juvi, only a few feet or so. 

Ha!  epic.

Just now, Nixperience said:

Sea turtles only grow to the size of the tank they're in. You should do it. 

You can always cut out holes on the side of the tank so they can extend their flipper/paws....

• Like 3

I'm not really sure what's going on here but it sounds like fun!  I saw a sea turtle last week at an aquarium.  They said Neptune is not very nice at feeding time so they have to feed him in a sectioned off part of their ocean tank.  Don't worry, the tank is only like 11,000 times bigger than yours.  A younger Neptune would totally fit. 

I was at an LFS today and they had what they called a purple tang. I've never heard of it.  It looked like a yellow tang, but it was purple.  With a yellow tail.

If you get the shark you can probably use zip ties to bend it in a u-shape and fasten snout to tail fins.  It will probably fit better that way.  Not sure what to do about swimming but do they really need to swim?  They're just sharks.

:lol:

• Like 4