SaltCritters.com

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

21 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

sounds like 1891Bro has been crushing beers on this glorious Friday...?   haha cheers, me too

well welcome to the IM10 club.  you'll end up loving this tank, if you don't already.

following along B)

Well if ####ing @Derrick1980 would post about his new starfish I could just let this rest till the next update.  

• Like 2
gone_PHiSHin

don't worry, he'll be in to give you advice once things get rolling 

i'd go with a condy anemone and a maroon clown in that 10 once the cycle is done.  my LFS guy said it's cool. :D

• Like 3
Just now, gone_PHiSHin said:

don't worry, he'll be in to give you advice once things get rolling 

i'd go with a condy anemone and a maroon clown in that 10 once the cycle is done.  my LFS guy said it's cool. :D

Lightening Maroon you mean.  MY Lfs told me they were hardier than regular Maroons.  And super sweet too.  You can pet them!

• Like 2
On 4/28/2017 at 6:50 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

sounds like 1891Bro has been crushing hurricane malt liquor on this glorious Friday...?   haha cheers, me too

well welcome to the IM10 club.  you'll end up loving this tank, if you don't already.

following along B)

Yeah I was knockered last Friday, it was awesome. Fixed the quote for accuracy. 

So San Jose had had an unusual heat wave the last few days, with the spike hitting today. Water in the tank got up to 86* with a fan pointing at it. No AC in the apartment seeing as 345 days out of the year I'd never need it but, I wish I had it the last three days, peaked at 95* inside ####ING MISERABLE!

Worst part is it boiled all my tangs alive. Had a whole school of gem tangs and peppermint angels and now I'm having to cut em up into high dollar fish sticks!

Nah, them's just jokes. I'm certain it'll take more than a few degrees to kill bacteria. 

Oh, and thinking of bacteria, I got some hungry ones, theys taking 1ppm ammonia down to nothing in fewer than 24 hours. According to @brandon429, that's ready for a waterchange and some critters. Waiting on salt mix to arrive, just used NSW from the LFS to cycle. Oh, and I'm still waiting for my ATO resivior, where you at @Oceanbox Designs

Well, so I guess at this point no news is good news. 

* All temperatures are in Fahrenheit since WE won the Cold War. 

• Like 3
Weetabix7
7 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah I was knockered last Friday, it was awesome. Fixed the quote for accuracy. 

So San Jose had had an unusual heat wave the last few days, with the spike hitting today. Water in the tank got up to 86* with a fan pointing at it. No AC in the apartment seeing as 345 days out of the year I'd never need it but, I wish I had it the last three days, peaked at 95* inside ####ING MISERABLE!

Worst part is it boiled all my tangs alive. Had a whole school of gem tangs and peppermint angels and now I'm having to cut em up into high dollar fish sticks!

Nah, them's just jokes. I'm certain it'll take more than a few degrees to kill bacteria. 

Oh, and thinking of bacteria, I got some hungry ones, theys taking 1ppm ammonia down to nothing in fewer than 24 hours. According to @brandon429, that's ready for a waterchange and some critters. Waiting on salt mix to arrive, just used NSW from the LFS to cycle. Oh, and I'm still waiting for my ATO resivior, where you at @Oceanbox Designs

Well, so I guess at this point no news is good news. 

* All temperatures are in Fahrenheit since WE won the Cold War. 

Huh, what bacteria did you use that cycled so quickly?

1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Huh, what bacteria did you use that cycled so quickly?

Microbacter 7

It's been nearly four weeks so typical amount of time. 

• Like 2

Relief from the heat today! Water never broke 80* and the apartment hit 87* (trust me it feels great after 95* yesterday) so that's gooder news. 

Now the hiccup, vendor I ordered salt mix from actually called me while I'm sitting on my lunch break to let me know they were out of stock and couldn't get anymore. Only one other vendor on Amazon "said" they have it so I reordered. Based on delivery date it looks like another week of nice clear, algea free, zero maintenance water. Try explaining that to a six year old. Oh well. 

Oh, and the salt I'm getting is Fritz RPM. All the local places here in the bay seem to be selling it, newest bandwagon, I dunno. Gonna give it a shot. Reason I think the first vendor was out was because I only ordered enough to mix 53 gallons, so a 14ish pound bag. No space for a giant bucket or box, hope the second try works out better. More info on Fritz RPM here

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/10/04/fritzs-great-reason-make-just-one-type-salt/

it sold me. 

This is not not a paid advertisement. 

*All temperatures are in F, cause WE won the Cold War. 

• Like 3
Weetabix7
30 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Relief from the heat today! Water never broke 80* and the apartment hit 87* (trust me it feels great after 95* yesterday) so that's gooder news. 

Now the hiccup, vendor I ordered salt mix from actually called me while I'm sitting on my lunch break to let me know they were out of stock and couldn't get anymore. Only one other vendor on Amazon "said" they have it so I reordered. Based on delivery date it looks like another week of nice clear, algea free, zero maintenance water. Try explaining that to a six year old. Oh well. 

Oh, and the salt I'm getting is Fritz RPM. All the local places here in the bay seem to be selling it, newest bandwagon, I dunno. Gonna give it a shot. Reason I think the first vendor was out was because I only ordered enough to mix 53 gallons, so a 14ish pound bag. No space for a giant bucket or box, hope the second try works out better. More info on Fritz RPM here

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/10/04/fritzs-great-reason-make-just-one-type-salt/

it sold me. 

This is not not a paid advertisement. 

I plan on trying Fritz soon too, every report I've heard on it has been good. 

Looking forward to seeing your experiences. 

1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

This comment makes you one of my favorite on these threads... now I say you find the vendor on amazon and smash their face with a shovel. Shit wouldn't fly with my 6 year old (well now 7) but you get my point.

25 minutes ago, frahny said:

This comment makes you one of my favorite on these threads... now I say you find the vendor on amazon and smash their face with a shovel. Shit wouldn't fly with my 6 year old (well now 7) but you get my point.

Nice! About the vendor, I wish I remembered the name(so if anyone wants to order something and not get it but, a nice phonecall instead), but like I says dude calls me and apologizes!? for not having it and then proceeds to find another vendor that does (the one I re ordered from). Best service without getting what I actually wanted I ever had. That's just me though. Glad you appreciated the comment, and I also think the metric system is for dumb babies cause fractions are hard but, that's just me. As far as the kid goes, if I can get the boy's attention he does what he's told, he fears the whoop!

• Like 1
WV Reefer
1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

Nice! About the vendor, I wish I remembered the name(so if anyone wants to order something and not get it but, a nice phonecall instead), but like I says dude calls me and apologizes!? for not having it and then proceeds to find another vendor that does (the one I re ordered from). Best service without getting what I actually wanted I ever had. That's just me though. Glad you appreciated the comment, and I also think the metric system is for dumb babies cause fractions are hard but, that's just me. As far as the kid goes, if I can get the boy's attention he does what he's told, he fears the whoop!

The vendor is just covering his ass because Amazon is very strict when you sell things you do not have.  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

The vendor is just covering his ass because Amazon is very strict when you sell things you do not have.  

I'm sure, but for the dude to look up where someone had it, the guy was had solid customer service skills. 

On another note, living in a city of 1million people, with the surrounding cities having only god knows how many, there was a wild turkey in the drive while outside smoking. Here is video. 

Well after trying to post it and then photobucket not letting me upload it I guess you just gotta take my word for it. 

Edit: Or settle for this cropped screenshot from the video. 

IMG_1613.PNG

• Like 2
On 5/4/2017 at 11:39 PM, 1891Bro said:

I'm sure, but for the dude to look up where someone had it, the guy was had solid customer service skills. 

On another note, living in a city of 1million people, with the surrounding cities having only god knows how many, there was a wild turkey in the drive while outside smoking. Here is video. 

Well after trying to post it and then photobucket not letting me upload it I guess you just gotta take my word for it. 

Edit: Or settle for this cropped screenshot from the video. 

IMG_1613.PNG

That's crazy!!!

So...... what's your favorite Weird Reef Critter?

Bonus points if it's "creepy". 

• Like 1
Just now, Weetabix7 said:

That's crazy!!!

So...... what's your favorite Weird Reef Critter?

Bonus points if it's "creepy". 

Ha! You read the "six views" post and it hit you right in the pity gland!

In other news the Fritz RPM bag o salt arrived.  Seeing as I hit the beer the second I walk in the door I won't be doing anything about getting something alive to put in till this weekend. I'll mix and do a %100 WC Friday evening. Hopefully Saturday, after the hangover fades I'll run out and stock this thing up Derrick style!

• Like 3
Just now, 1891Bro said:

Ha! You read the "six views" post and it hit you right in the pity gland!

In other news the Fritz RPM bag o salt arrived.  Seeing as I hit the beer the second I walk in the door I won't be doing anything about getting something alive to put in till this weekend. I'll mix and do a %100 WC Friday evening. Hopefully Saturday, after the hangover fades I'll run out and stock this thing up Derrick style!

Lol, awesome!!!

I personally would like to know why Spaghetti Worms don't taste like Spaghetti. 

I was very disappointed. 

• Like 1

You tanks how old? 3 weeks? Ooo, time for 16 fish, 8 corals and an anemone. Why bother with NSW, when you have perfectly good tap water! Use it straight up to cool yer tank down next time.

Sorry Derrick...couldnt help it.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Nidilsky said:

You tanks how old? 3 weeks? Ooo, time for 16 fish, 8 corals and an anemone. Why bother with NSW, when you have perfectly good tap water! Use it straight up to cool yer tank down next time.

Sorry Derrick...couldnt help it.

Hey now, it'll be five weeks on Friday. And it's processing 1ppm NO3-4 down to diddly in less that 24 hours. Follow @brandon429 cycle guide on R2R and you too can be close to on my level! 16 fish in a ten gallon!? That's for noobs bro. I can do 20 easy. 

22 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Lol, awesome!!!

I personally would like to know why Spaghetti Worms don't taste like Spaghetti. 

I was very disappointed. 

Bummer, Vermetid snails taste just like Vermetid, ####ing delicious. And the peppermint angels that got cooked really freshened my breath. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Hey now, it'll be five weeks on Friday. And it's processing 1ppm NO3-4 down to diddly in less that 24 hours. Follow @brandon429 cycle guide on R2R and you too can be close to on my level! 16 fish in a ten gallon!? That's for noobs bro. I can do 20 easy. 

Bummer, Vermetid snails taste just like Vermetid, ####ing delicious. 

What kind of sauce do you use with them?

1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

What kind of sauce do you use with them?

Super ####ing AWESOME SAUCE! You prolly never heard of it. YumYum sauce will do for y'all normal folk. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Super ####ing AWESOME SAUCE! You prolly never heard of it. YumYum sauce will do for y'all normal folk. 

I am not normal, I am a Certified Reef Nerd. 

Stop by my thread tomorrow for proof. 

I was thinking of trying a lil Sriracha Sauce for some Zing

• Like 3