Pod Your Reef

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

On 7/18/2017 at 0:04 AM, 1891Bro said:

For a baby nurse you sure do channel Nurse Ratched. 

That was all a lie. I'm only a trusted adviser to Marks, not a puppet master. You can stay. 

Lol thanks, I'd hate to get banned just after hitting my 9-year Nano-Reef-versary!

• Like 3

Would Magic Eraser work?  (Make sure it's the kind with no chemicals since it'll be near the tank).

Also, I'd love to see a FTS with the kids' artwork! :lol:

RIP Sebastian
13 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Would Magic Eraser work?  (Make sure it's the kind with no chemicals since it'll be near the tank).

Also, I'd love to see a FTS with the kids' artwork! :lol:

+1

Magic Eraser, probably, or copious amounts of vinegar and elbow grease...and maybe Windex, if you're careful.

Also, since the AC has been installed I've been able to keep the temp very steady, kinda high around 79 (that's Fahrenheit for all you metric commies) but steady. No more 5 degree swings every day and I'm almost certain that was the issue. GSP stays open and is looking better and the favia seems to be regaining color. It had went almost pure white but in the last week I'm seeing a hint of some color returning. Fish never seemed to give a #### and are just fine. 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Also, since the AC has been installed I've been able to keep the temp very steady, kinda high around 79 (that's Fahrenheit for all you metric commies) but steady. No more 5 degree swings every day and I'm almost certain that was the issue. GSP stays open and is looking better and the favia seems to be regaining color. It had went almost pure white but in the last week I'm seeing a hint of some color returning. Fish never seemed to give a #### and are just fine. 

Most excellent!!

1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Noice! Steady temps are the shiz. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been real busy but I finally got my layoff Friday, thank god. You'll be able to buy an iPhone on mars before they finish that AC2 building. Oh, y'all should YouTube ac2 project updates and see this place. I've been on some pretty big jobs, but this one was massive, 5k construction workers one one site at one point. Only reason I keep taking calls there is it's less than two miles from where I'm staying. Anyway, little tank is still chugging along. The gsp has taken off again since the temps got stable, favia is slow. It's still very pastel almost white, still throws out feeders though and is hanging in there. Fish are fine. Really should get some pics up. Whatever. Hope y'all ####ers didn't miss me too much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was low on salt mix so I headed to the LFS after the kids bball game this morning. They sell the Fritz RPM cheaper than I can find it online, yeah I was amazed too. So the kid wants a nem, WTF why not right? Thing bubbles up after five minutes. Free zoas on the "rock" (frag plug, whatever it is) that it's on. I just want it off of that thing so it'll find a sweet spot. Gonna have to piss it off and do some peeling I guess. Photos coming. Really though this time. 

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

• Like 2

Been on a two week wc schedule lately. Everything seems happy so far. And a pic of the poor pastel favia. Looks a lot more colorful in the pic. 

IMG_1798.JPG

• Like 2

So I'm happy you're alive and the tank is doing well and you got pics 'n stuff but I just wanna know, where's the Derrick? :huh:

Also, has the kid named the Nem or the Goby yet?

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

So I'm happy you're alive and the tank is doing well and you got pics 'n stuff but I just wanna know, where's the Derrick? :huh:

Also, has the kid named the Nem or the Goby yet?

Yeah. Back a few pages. Goby is Charles. Been in there a few weeks now. Nem don't get names. 

Oh, the Derrick is I got a nem. I thought it was funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, GregEmmitte said:

@1891Bro is the favia pink with a green center?

Lol. Nope. Hell I forgot what color the rest was but the center has always been green. It bleached out bad when I was having some serious temp spikes. I don't know if it'll ever color back up but since it ain't dead I ain't trashing it. 

Edit: If you look up dragon soul favia it looked a lot like that before white out. 

• Like 1
Just now, 1891Bro said:

I guess a tang would've better justified the title change. Yeah. 

I was just thinking the same thing......you best roll in next update with a carpet nem, three chromis, a tang and maybe a lion fish. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I was just thinking the same thing......you best roll in next update with a carpet nem, three chromis, a tang and maybe a lion fish. 

Better yet, I'll just submit pics of me squatting and dumping in the tank. That'll be a fatal Derrick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Yep, this. 

It's funny, I was recently thinking I hadn't seen you post in a while & wondered where & how you were, and also was thinking we needed some Derrick. 

And then this thread popped up!!!

So nice of you to accomodate. 

• Like 2