Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

11 hours ago, EYE3Y3 said:

nice tank, and best profile pic ever...way she f**ken goes boys

Hell yeah, I was wondering if any of yall mustard tigers would recanize! And welcome. 

The boy had expensive taste today. He picked out a frostbite. A bit bigger than I wanted to start with but it's a nice lookin fish. He named the fish "Gupple". Best photos I could get for now. 

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Hell yeah, I was wondering if any of yall mustard tigers would recanize!

The boy had expensive taste today. He picked out a frostbite. A bit bigger than I wanted to start with but it's a nice lookin fish. He named the fish "Gupple". Best photos I could get for now. 

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Nice!  I want a frostbite but @skoechle thinks they look like ass. So, he thinks your fish looks like ass.

• Like 2
On 5/13/2017 at 1:41 PM, lkoechle said:

Nice!  I want a frostbite but @skoechle thinks they look like ass. So, he thinks your fish looks like ass.

They're not my favorite either but it's growing on me, I just told the boy that it had to be small and have some extra white on it and that's what he picked. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Curious what the inspiration for the name was.....

Lol. I asked him if it was from cartoon but he said he thought of it himself. You try having real talk with a ####ing six year old!

1 hour ago, frahny said:

IMG_0412.PNG

Yeah. Racist as ####. I guess @lkoechle was late for her klan meeting tonight ;)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Hell yeah, I was wondering if any of yall mustard tigers would recanize! 

This was like a passing bleep on the radar for me every time I saw one of your posts cause it looked familiar.  TBP's rock.B)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

This was like a passing bleep on the radar for me every time I saw one of your posts cause it looked familiar.  TBP's rock.B)

All aboard the Swayze Train! And you screwed up the acronym. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

All aboard the Swayze Train! And you screwed up the acronym. 

Ha ha!  Alcohol induced dyslexia.

• Like 2

Well I guess it was a match made in heaven, the boy picked out a real winner. Half wit fish won't eat so here's the typical "new clown won't eat" post. Only interest showed was in some Ocen Nutrition brine shrimp + flake, and it was promptly spit out. Variety of pellets were tried. Figure it might take a few days, I did break up a pair, don't feel bit guilty though. Guess if he keeps being anorexic I'll have to go grab some frozen options. Yes it was the smaller one so I figure it's still a he. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Well I guess it was a match made in heaven, the boy picked out a real winner. Half wit fish won't eat so here's the typical "new clown won't eat" post. Only interest showed was in some Ocen Nutrition brine shrimp + flake, and it was promptly spit out. Variety of pellets were tried. Figure it might take a few days, I did break up a pair, don't feel bit guilty though. Guess if he keeps being anorexic I'll have to go grab some frozen options. Yes it was the smaller one so I figure it's still a he. 

lol maybe he and Weetie's Dinky were related, though Dinky has started eating now. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, not a bright one, wife calls me at work to tell me she found him on the table next to the tank. Had the screen top on too so he must've really wanted out. She noticed fast enough to get him back in the water and says he swimming around just fine. I don't know about this guy...

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah, not a bright one, wife calls me at work to tell me she found him on the table next to the tank. Had the screen top on too so he must've really wanted out. She noticed fast enough to get him back in the water and says he swimming around just fine. I don't know about this guy...

Maybe there is some inverse correlation genetically where the whiter the fish, the lower the intelligence. :P

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Oh geez. 

It does sound like your fish is starting out just like Dinky did, but he's doing well now. 

The food he eats best is frozen Mysis, thawed of course, then mashed up into smaller bits. 

One thing that helped get him to start eating was to get some Capelin Roe from a Japanese food market, you could also try that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Maybe there is some inverse correlation genetically where the whiter the fish, the lower the intelligence. :P

Massive amounts of inbreeding no doubt, I guess they're a lot like southerners when you think about it. 

44 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Oh geez. 

It does sound like your fish is starting out just like Dinky did, but he's doing well now. 

The food he eats best is frozen Mysis, thawed of course, then mashed up into smaller bits. 

One thing that helped get him to start eating was to get some Capelin Roe from a Japanese food market, you could also try that. 

I might try that. There's an Asian grocer less than a mile from me, and a LFS (kinda dumpy one) just a bit further on the same road. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Massive amounts of inbreeding no doubt, I guess they're a lot like southerners when you think about it.

HEY NOW

:P

Well, looks like the dummy's trip beyond the glass worked up an appetite. Took NLS Thera A pellet no problem this afternoon. Hopefully the trend continues. The boy was super stoked that he started eating and that's was good to see. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Well, looks like the dummy's trip beyond the glass worked up an appetite. Took NLS Thera A pellet no problem this afternoon. Hopefully the trend continues. The boy was super stoked that he started eating and that's was good to see. 

Hooray!!!

This one developed brains/appetite much quicker than Dinky did, lol. 

20 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Hooray!!!

This one developed brains/appetite much quicker than Dinky did, lol. 

Lol, I never said anything about brains.