ReefCleaners.org

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

9 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

Damn bro, what are you Burt Reynolds, circa 1978?  :D

Bring in the kiddies asking who Burt Reynolds is. 

IMG_1666.GIF

• Like 3

Since we're talking bugs:

While I was away I saw my first Florida spider..... this guy came in the house carrying luggage.

IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.405644d99b3c554a35ae211c84ed4c8b.JPG

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

While I was away I saw my first Florida spider..... this guy came in the house carrying luggage.

No thanks.  That looks like a field spider.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Holy crap.  Normally, we try to save spiders, something about being beneficial and all, but I'd empty a whole can of Raid on that thing.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Type-H20 said:

Holy crap.  Normally, we try to save spiders, something about being beneficial and all, but I'd empty a whole can of Raid on that thing.

I try not to kill anything when possible but that thing had a face!  

Even my dad was like "holy shit that's big!"

• Like 2
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:huh:  :wacko:  :unsure:

• Like 1

There was a huge fuzzy black spider in the kitchen I caught and set free today. When I do that, I name the spider Cheesy Bread and then tell him he's free once I let him outside... 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

There was a huge fuzzy black spider in the kitchen I caught and set free today. When I do that, I name the spider Cheesy Bread and then tell him he's free once I let him outside... 

:lol:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Im terrified of spiders. That spider would've made me move out of my own home. He can have it ???

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Im terrified of spiders. That spider would've made me move out of my own home. He can have it ???

I told my dad to burn the f*cker down. :lol:

• Like 2

Ugh, cold front just off the coast is keeping the cool breeze away from us here in San Jose. Temps inside are at 93. Tank has hit 82 but all seems fine. 

SemperReef
2 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Ugh, cold front just off the coast is keeping the cool breeze away from us here in San Jose. Temps inside are at 93. Tank has hit 82 but all seems fine. 

Getting pretty high and not of the euphoric nirvana variety.  If you have SPS they will suffer the first usually.  You run the AC?  Have a chiller?  

18 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

Getting pretty high and not of the euphoric nirvana variety.  If you have SPS they will suffer the first usually.  You run the AC?  Have a chiller?  

Lol @ AC. No one out here has AC, meh I'm sure someone does but very few. No sps, nor will there be in this thing, total KISS tank. Not doing the chiller either. Just gonna have to ride it out, only one more hot day tomorrow and then back to low 70s for the highs for a bit. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

Lol @ AC. No one out here has AC, meh I'm sure someone does but very few. No sps, nor will there be in this thing, total KISS tank. Not doing the chiller either. Just gonna have to ride it out, only one more hot day tomorrow and then back to low 70s for the highs for a bit. 

You can try putting ice packs in back chamber. Thats what I do when I dont want to turn on my AC.

SemperReef
5 minutes ago, Minmay said:

You can try putting ice packs in back chamber. Thats what I do when I dont want to turn on my AC.

Or just blow on it really hard and fast.  KISS style

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I did think about making some distilled water ice cubes to toss in. 

2 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

You should read before you post pervert. 

SemperReef
1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:
10 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I did think about making some distilled water ice cubes to toss in

Gonna post pics of the distilled water in a Wally World cart?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SemperReef said:

Gonna post pics of the distilled water in a Wally World cart?

Union man here, no shopping at Walmart. 

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

freeze a small bottled water, take the label off, and put it in the back chamber until the temp is where you want it.  then put it back in the freezer until the temp is too high again.  freeze a few bottles if you have to keep your tank cooler for an extended period of time.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

freeze a small bottled water, take the label off, and put it in the back chamber until the temp is where you want it.  then put it back in the freezer until the temp is too high again.  freeze a few bottles if you have to keep your tank cooler for an extended period of time.

I don't thinks there's enough room in back but I could always float in the display. I thought also about just tossing some tap ice cubes in a ziplock and rocking that. Wife has been playing with the fans today and has found a setup that has kept the apartment under 90, @ 89 and the aquarium is at 80. It's only 82 outside but we are on the top and get full sun baked all day. Yesterday was the worst, the rest of this week should be no worries. 

• Like 2
On 5/22/2017 at 0:02 AM, 1891Bro said:

What's your average summer temp?   

On 5/22/2017 at 0:11 AM, SemperReef said:

lol.  Have a friend handy to slap you awake in case you pass out from hyperventilating.

On 5/22/2017 at 0:24 AM, gone_PHiSHin said:

Good idea.  KISS style too.

2 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Woot! Just got the email that my @Oceanbox Designs order shipped!

IMG_1669.GIF

How is he and his elbow chop productive in a reef tank?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

What's your average summer temp?   

lo.  Have a friend handy to slap you awake in case you pass out from hyperventilating.

Good idea.  KISS style too.

How is he and his elbow chop productive in a reef tank?

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/san-jose/california/united-states/usca099 Best weather in the country. 

It's more of a "yesss", you have seen the movie?