Coral Vue Hydros

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

Said I'd join the IM Nuvo Fusion Ten club so here goes. First batch of goodies arrived today. 

IMG_1548_zps8rtztlme.jpg

Still waiting on inTank order and some Amazon stuff. Gonna hit the LFS for sand and rock. Don't be worried about the dining table as the stand, I'm the third generation using the table, thing is solid. Takes two to carry the top without the leaf, and I can sit on the edge of it without bowing or tipping the table. Was gonna do something different but wife gave the thumbs up as a dinner table centerpiece. Small apartment in San Jose so limited choices, and landlord says only in the kitchen. More to come when more goodies arrive. 

04/07/2017 from the front, and its wet now!

IMG_1553_zpstaknk0wy.jpg

May 27 2017

IMG_1705.JPG

June 15 2017

IMG_1744_zpst6mzozqd.jpg

08/20/2017

IMG_1799.JPG

08/24/2017

IMG_1812.PNG

08/29/2017

IMG_1841.JPG

04/28/2018

4941FF1D-5B30-45CA-9F37-87E0E22631D6.jpeg

06/27/2018

79B82149-333C-4E79-A5F4-8C1F85C20655.jpeg

01/21/2019

BB65C710-B75B-42AF-9A53-16008A43E473.jpeg

• Like 7

Dr. Tims ammonium chloride, microbacter7, powerstrip and timers all arrived today. Gonna hit up the LFS (Neptune Aquatics in San Jose awesome place) Saturday and grab rock and sand and get this thing cycling. Still waiting on a cabinet, super small and will fit under the table, to arrive so I can set up the ato. Shouldn't be too bad just doing manual top off for a week and a half while cycling. Getting stoked!

• Like 1

04/07/2017

and the left

IMG_1554_zpsccixtfec.jpg

and the right

IMG_1555_zpsrgrc8zll.jpg

A bit pissed cause the gooseneck I got broke while adjusting. Anyway just stoked to be salty! iPhone pics, as good as they're gonna get. I ain't buying no camera. 

So I used dry rock and sand setting up. Rinsed the sand very well with distilled water and had no clouding but, I forgot to do the last rinse with salt water so I'm trying to get my sg up. Been sitting at 1.022. Topping off with saltwater to get up. Dosed with dr tims ammonium chloride and microbacter to get cycle rolling. Not even gonna bother with a test until the thirty day mark. 

Edit: Also for the cycle I just bought the NSW sold at the lfs, as I'll be doing a 100% wc at the 30 day mark. Didn't test to sg of that though so I'll do that in the next few minutes. 

• Like 1

The NSW IS 1.024 and after this morning's salty top off is where the water in the display is at. Good enough to cycle. I'll just keep it here for the time being. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a real update, as there are no exciting pics. 

Started getting a lot more "water noise" than I have been having. The sicce.5 is dead silent, I pulled the stock filter sock up to look and it was a bit more brown than tan. Hope it wasn't all the BB living in it cause I trashed it and went ahead and dropped the inTank basket into the first chamber with just some floss on top and while I was at it I threw the fuge rack in there too. Displaced more water than I had expected but noted for top off. Still doing that manually too. I do have a slick ATO container ordered from @Oceanbox Designs coming soon so the manual BS won't last too much longer. 

Going to do my 14 day reup dose of ammonium chloride and bottled bacteria on Friday. Been cycling w/out light except a few minutes here and there just to admire. It doesn't really come through in the pics, but it is a really aesthetically pleasing scape. I'm very happy with it. It's a small space to work and I tried to just get one larger rock with a few others to "accent" it. Left a lot of negative space as I like that look. 

Here is the "cabinet" I got to keep all the nuts and bolts hidden. 

IMG_1567_zps1ebotemv.jpg

I liked it cause of the cut out up, and it was made in USA, as per the label, and assembled in my apartment. Here's a look inside, turns out the powerstrip I got is way to long so I had to caddy corner it. Anything stuck on the wall I used Velcro tape to attach. Anyway, here's the mess...

IMG_1568_zpsmkl0pqno.jpg

So that's it for now. 

• Like 1

Before any one says anything, it's not a crack, it's a blood stain from where grandpa killed grandma on this very table!

IMG_1569_zpszyqaoi2g.jpg

And a shoutout to @StevieT for correcting my order super fast, best sponsor here! 

• Like 3

Well, it's day fifteen. Photos would just be redundant at this point. I set up the ATO with some crap food container while I patiently wait for @Oceanbox Designs to get my order out ;). Minor hiccup with that (the setup not the order) but easily fixed. Dosed ammonium chloride up to what the directions say should be about 1ppm and dosed bottle bacteria (microbacter7) as the directions said to. Two more weeks and I'll test for the ammonia digestion. I'll keep updating to make sure all y'all stay informed, it's more than obvious that this build is generating monumental interest! Stay tuned for the next installment!

• Like 4

Fúçk it, I lied. Ammonia test kit came today along with some fish food and these...

http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=35821

Figured I've never tried stuff like this so why not? Gonna hide them in one of the media baskets. Theys cooking now. 

So the lie being that for fun I tested ammonia today. Salifert test shows .25, that was dosing based on 10 gallons (not really ten in the tank though) to get to 1ppm last Friday.  So at least things are progressing. The six year old was stoked to help doing the test, he said we were "doing science".  Happened upon a local with a 1000 gallon garage setup, gonna be cool to check that out and hand over some $. So that's week 3. Might get some daylight pics from different angles, y'all ####ers don't know some nice rock when you see it ;)

• Like 2

Sedated the crumb snatchers, not chemically so don't go calling DFACS. 

Here are some regular light photos. 

Down and from the front...

IMG_1599_zpsnb1x6vl8.jpg

From the left, what you'd see after walking inside this super tiny Bay Area apartment...

IMG_1600_zpsh55lupdp.jpg

Tupperware in the back has those fancy man made bio media shidazzles in it. 

From the right with a pile of my daily poket junk in the background, also the living room...

IMG_1601_zps1jrlvxgo.jpg

well the rocks hid the table top pile of crap. 

Last, but certainly not least is slightly different angle, just cause reflection. 

IMG_1602_zpswdpwcdsa.jpg

Mic drop. 

• Like 1

And if anyone replies with memes or advice I don't wanna hear this whole thread will get deleted and restarted under a different user name. Don't make me do it. 

• Like 6

Lol. You say that but I'm gonna drop a bra (autocorrect made bra but I meant bta) in there regardless. I'm working my way up to the carpet. A few weeks and this thing'll be super manure, er mature. 

You win weetie! First non me post!

Now I'm considering dropping one of the lovely wife's bras in there just for an awesome floating bra photo. ####ing autocorrect. 

Got a sweet BRA... 

Ill never get away with that. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

And if anyone replies with memes or advice I don't wanna hear this whole thread will get deleted and restarted under a different user name. Don't make me do it. 

d3a.jpg

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Lol. You say that but I'm gonna drop a bra (autocorrect made bra but I meant bta) in there regardless. I'm working my way up to the carpet. A few weeks and this thing'll be super manure, er mature. 

Now I'm considering dropping one of the lovely wife's bras in there just for an awesome floating bra photo. ####ing autocorrect. 

Got a sweet BRA... 

Yeah.  If I were her, I'd punch you in the throat.

FYI, when's that mic gonna drop?  I hope you have an achilles tang or queen angel planned for this.  Or else its just not worth keeping a reef...  

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

I say get a school of mandarins! Oh, and a giant f*cking Anemone. 

• Like 4
On 4/18/2017 at 10:39 PM, 1891Bro said:

Before any one says anything, it's not a crack, it's a blood stain from where grandpa killed grandma on this very table!

IMG_1569_zpszyqaoi2g.jpg

.....What?!

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Got a sweet BRA... 

You should totally do that!!!!

So what do I win???

• Like 1

I so hope I win my very own LE Carpet Lionfish. 

It would totally complete my Waterfall Pico. 

Also, you're right, the rocks don't look bad. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

You should totally do that!!!!

So what do I win???

You won some ABC bubble gum, just gift me pay pal money to ship it! The herpes alphabet soup in included for free! The wife already says I drank too much tonight (pacific time so it's not even night yet eyesrolling). I'm pretty sure if I #### with her undies I'm in for it in a bad way. 

20 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

.....What?!

Yeah, I'm originally from the southeast US. It's bad bro. 

23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I say get a school of mandarins! Oh, and a giant f*cking Anemone. 

I guess I forgot to post about it, my great white shark died and king mandarin ate all the weak little ####ers, so I flushed him for being a dick. 

28 minutes ago, skoechle said:

d3a.jpg

This is why, I don't dislike you guys. 

So i gotta rock rock the boat and be a dick to get attention? Noted. :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

So i gotta rock rock the boat and be a dick to get attention? Noted. :)

Or do something so stupid it has me running while yelling: 

32bf40b08ca01ff2cc3d3b883b704cf1_tgi-sol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I so hope I win my very own LE Carpet Lionfish. 

It would totally complete my Waterfall Pico. 

Also, you're right, the rocks don't look bad. 

And thanks, they're still better in person. But I was actually proud of them this time. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Or do something so stupid it has me running while yelling: 

32bf40b08ca01ff2cc3d3b883b704cf1_tgi-sol

That's how they spell them sign in north GA! That's why I left, I got em beat by 3 or 4 IQs I reckon.  

My diary is ruined :(

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

That's how they spell them sign in north GA! That's why I left, I got em beat by 3 or 4 IQs I reckon.  

My diary is ruined :(

It's okay.  My family's in Catoosa county... It's my extended though.  So, I'm not "from" them. lol 

• Like 2
gone_PHiSHin

sounds like 1891Bro has been crushing beers on this glorious Friday...?   haha cheers, me too

well welcome to the IM10 club.  you'll end up loving this tank, if you don't already.

following along B)

• Like 3