Pod Your Reef

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

Just read through last nights posts, I gotta tone it down a bit lol. I did a WC and I'm lucky I didn't puke in any buckets. Christ, I'm lucky I didn't piss the bed! I did check the salinity again this morning and I got it spot on, although I don't know how. Looking through the refracto last night, I do remember it being a challenge. Went to fish store today, got two of those sand digger snails. Nassissiarius blah blah wherever they're called. No algae on the rocks and glass so just wanted something to get the few pellets that (sigh) "Gupple" misses. He's eating like a champ now so I'll have to cut the eating disorder jokes. Also got some GSP, save the "it'll take over" warnings. I want this to be an easy tank. I had a place already picked out for it since I set up, the smallest rock. Front left in the photos, looks like a camel ? from certain angles. So it's a full blown Reef tank now! Lol. If it doesn't open back up in five more minutes I'm starting another "GSP won't come out" thread in beginner forum, maybe someone will reply "maybe your GSP isn't gay"! Happy Saturday ####ers!

IMG_1659.GIF

• Like 2

For got tontell yall, I had some dead livestock in the tank this morning. My wife pointed to a brown thing on the sand and says, "There's a dead spider in the aquarium."  So I got it out with a pair of tongs, it was all mushy so it must've been there for a bit. Gross. 

IMG_1660.GIF

• Like 2

I once found a palmetto bug at the bottom of one of my freshwater tanks.  I couldn't even bring myself to fish it out lol.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I once found a palmetto bug at the bottom of one of my freshwater tanks.  I couldn't even bring myself to fish it out lol.

Holy shit! I remember the first time I saw one of those. It's like a roach on a roid  rage. I'd have left it too. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Holy shit! I remember the first time I saw one of those. It's like a roach on a roid  rage. I'd have left it too. 

Yeah my house in SC had way way way to many of those suckers.  I can't with them anymore. *shudder*

There is something wrong with a bug bigger than my thumb!

Of course this was also the house where a rat snake got into the house and ate my pet mice...

• Like 2
gone_PHiSHin

my parents had a condo in Surfside Beach, SC and the palmetto bugs were legendary...freaking huge!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you're crazy OP...i like you but you're crazy.  hell of a thread you got here :D

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

my parents had a condo in Surfside Beach, SC and the palmetto bugs were legendary...freaking huge!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you're crazy OP...i like you but you're crazy.  hell of a thread you got here :D

Most people's reactions to my thread. 

IMG_1661.GIF

Your reaction. 

IMG_1662.GIF

So what's really wrong with ya?

• Like 2
On 5/19/2017 at 10:34 PM, 1891Bro said:

Here is my response. Leave your feelings elsewhere...

IMG_1644.GIF

I still can't like my own post, but I still like you!

On 5/19/2017 at 11:11 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I like flowers?

Heck if I know!  I got lost somewhere around page two.

4352186.jpg

Not sure what happened here.  Are you two dating now?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

Not sure what happened here.  Are you two dating now?

6 minutes ago, Nidilsky said:

Awwww!

Somehow, I doubt my husband would approve. :P

• Like 4
SemperReef
1 minute ago, Type-H20 said:
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

What happens on NR stays on NR

Unless hubby finds out...They say that about Vegas too but I'm certain there is no morning after like pill for gonerrhea lol

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

What happens on NR stays on NR........... B)

2 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

Unless hubby finds out...They say that about Vegas too but I'm certain there is no morning after like pill for gonerrhea lol

:huh:

:mellow:

:wacko:

:blink:

:rolleyes:

<_<

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

I first learned the term Palmetto bug after my wife and I pulled into the parking lot of our hotel in Tombstone AZ after a 4 hour drive and we got there after dark, got out of our car and realized we were standing on top of/surrounded by 100's of "palmetto bugs".  Turned out we parked right over a sewer cap.........we almost jumped out of our skin.............In NYC we call them waterbugs. F

F'ing horrible and disgusting critters. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

Pen A Cill In

IMG_1664.GIF

IMG_1665.GIF

2 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

I first learned the term Palmetto bug after my wife and I pulled into the parking lot of our hotel in Tombstone AZ after a 4 hour drive and we got there after dark, got out of our car and realized we were standing on top of/surrounded by 100's of "palmetto bugs".  Turned out we parked right over a sewer cap.........we almost jumped out of our skin.............In NYC we call them waterbugs. F

Waterbugs, lol, city folk. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

I always called them waterbugs before moving to SC.  But oh my gosh, what a horrifying moment that must have been!  EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I always called them waterbugs before moving to SC.  But oh my gosh, what a horrifying moment that must have been!  EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

She was wearing fip flops.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SemperReef said:

Lol, if only it worked overnight.  Rod up the old u....u know what I mean

Damn bro, what are you Burt Reynolds, circa 1978?  :D

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

She was wearing fip flops.

:o

I think I would have chopped my feet off.  Your poor wife!

• Like 3