SaltCritters.com

Sailfin tang staying in one corner after introduction.

Jack1992

Hi Guys,

What is considered normal behavior after adding a new small Sailfin Tang to your tank? .. At the minute he is just staying in corner picking at the sand.

The only other tank mates are two Clown fish.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

10 hours ago, Jack1992 said:

Hi Guys,

What is considered normal behavior after adding a new small Sailfin Tang to your tank? .. At the minute he is just staying in corner picking at the sand.

The only other tank mates are two Clown fish.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Depends, Sailfins are normally pretty active once they get used to the new surrounding, they eat like pigs as well, like literally. 

5 hours ago, Asureef said:

Depends, Sailfins are normally pretty active once they get used to the new surrounding, they eat like pigs as well, like literally. 

Thanks for the reply, He is not exploring the tank at all after his first night, I have just left the lights on low and hopefully he will spring to life/

He has a white stripe on his side and a white spot next to his small tail fin, is this a sign of stress? .. I tried to feed him this morning with my clowns but he just ignored it and then had a dump. Hopefully its just taking time for him to get used to the tank.

12 hours ago, Jack1992 said:

Thanks for the reply, He is not exploring the tank at all after his first night, I have just left the lights on low and hopefully he will spring to life/

He has a white stripe on his side and a white spot next to his small tail fin, is this a sign of stress? .. I tried to feed him this morning with my clowns but he just ignored it and then had a dump. Hopefully its just taking time for him to get used to the tank.

Small white spots? 

Can you get a pic?  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived