Cultivated Reef

Hydor Slim Skim Nano- Modified for Biocube 29- $45

CARBON

SOLD!

For sale is a Hydor Slim Skim Nano I used in my Biocube 29 for 6 months. The rear brackets have been removed to fit perfectly in the 1st chamber. Skimmer works well and generates dark skim once broken in and dialed properly. Asking $45 Shipped. Thanks for looking!

IMG_8831.thumb.JPG.cee2ff0950058078f83bc59c921a01d2.JPG

IMG_8832.thumb.JPG.c405341f7d90ab5f810e97507db3d495.JPG

IMG_8834.JPG

What are the dimensions of the skimmer, with the modifications you've made? I'm looking for a skimmer for my IM Nuvo Fusion Lagoon 25, and wondering if this would fit the bill.

On 4/5/2017 at 10:47 AM, JLynn said:

What are the dimensions of the skimmer, with the modifications you've made? I'm looking for a skimmer for my IM Nuvo Fusion Lagoon 25, and wondering if this would fit the bill.

The brackets removed are 3/8" thick. So the skimmer depth is now 3 3/8". I removed the brackets to fit in a Biocube and few of the pins broke off in the back cover, so I filled in the remaining pin gaps with epoxy. You could always drill out the holes and glue the brackets back on. See attached picture for the pins that remain on the brackets.

IMG_8839.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Coral_chef

Hey I know you already sold this, 

but i just bought this same skimmer for my 29gallon biocube. Why did you choose to replace it?

Archived