Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bad Search Engine

vash028

Is it just me or when I want to find something specific now with the searches it always says no results. It use to work for anything and always helped me find answers now I have to be super generic and it doesn't help just finds a lot of bull.

Sometimes it can be helpful to search whatever you're looking for on google and then tack nano reef on the end or beginning. Sometimes google returns better results than the built in search function. It's a toss up though with which one gives better results so I always do both. You can also try to make your search more general or generic in order to get results. 

I use the google + nano reef method as well. I mean it is Almighty Google /s

Makes sense it would return more precise results.

So I've noticed that if I am within a certain forum, or topic within the forum, that the search is only looking within that forum or topic area for the search subject.  

It appears to search the entire site only from the homepage.  I've had better luck getting results this way.  

Gotcha ya I just hate I can't just put in "10 gallon with a sump" and not get a result. I use to get like a Million options before the update. 

What in getting at is what good did the update do?

Archived