SaltCritters.com

Introducing NEW 55w PAR38 bulbs!

CoralCompulsion

CoralCompulsion

Introducing the newest bulbs to be added to our PAR bulb lineup, the 55 watt 22k SuperBlu and 55 watt TruColor 18k!

Same great mix of spectrum and color as our previous 35w versions, still dimmable with standard household dimmer, but just a little bigger at about 5" across by 5.5" front to back, a total of 55 watts of power, and best of all SAME PRICE AS OUR 35W MODELS WERE!

You can get them here on our website for $129.99. Or on Amazon soon.

And if you're looking for a deal, we are clearing out the last of our 35w models for $99.97. Get them while they last!

55wPAR38_22k.thumb.png.761f0842c338a7c48dfc3833402c342b.png

55wPAR38_18k.thumb.png.2fb2079406756c7b23c7a52c687f26c4.png

• Like 5
  • 5 months later...

Cant wait to order one. I've had the 35w version a while now and it still works great.

I did some research and it looks like i can use a Leviton wifi dimmer/timer to program it on wifi with soft start capabilty.

"black box" me doesnt understand?

if your referring to ebay led's, I have 2 on my 90 gallon. I use a Par bulb on my 15g column in office since i work at a fabrication facility and have a steel "artsy" type lamp over the tank with a standard bulb base for par bulbs. 

3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Why buy one of these when you can get a black box for cheaper? 

Coral Compulsion has INCREDIBLE customer service and warranty on their lights. I've worked with them in the past and be nothing but impressed and thankful I choose their lights. 

I can't recommend them enough as a cost savvy bulb to grow just about anything.  

• Like 1
CoralCompulsion
8 hours ago, no694terry said:

Cant wait to order one. I've had the 35w version a while now and it still works great.

I did some research and it looks like i can use a Leviton wifi dimmer/timer to program it on wifi with soft start capabilty.

@no694terry, can you share the dimmer model you are looking at? We are not familiar with that one and have never tested it. If that works it would be fantastic, as we have been trying to squeeze that functionality into the bulbs themselves but have had issues with heat and space in such a small housing. 

18 hours ago, CoralCompulsion said:

@no694terry, can you share the dimmer model you are looking at? We are not familiar with that one and have never tested it. If that works it would be fantastic, as we have been trying to squeeze that functionality into the bulbs themselves but have had issues with heat and space in such a small housing. 

Leviton Model # DW3HL-1BW

It uses an app to control it through Wifi. I've watched all the videos, from what i understand it it can be set up and you can apply  "fade in" and "fade out" settings. This will let it slowly turn on for up to 25 seconds and can set min and max brightness. I ordered one on amazon, once it comes in i was goign to test it with my 35w version. It supposedly works with LED

CoralCompulsion
22 minutes ago, no694terry said:

Leviton Model # DW3HL-1BW

It uses an app to control it through Wifi. I've watched all the videos, from what i understand it it can be set up and you can apply  "fade in" and "fade out" settings. This will let it slowly turn on for up to 25 seconds and can set min and max brightness. I ordered one on amazon, once it comes in i was goign to test it with my 35w version. It supposedly works with LED

Thanks for the info, we will certainly be picking up one of these also and testing it out!

We greatly appreciate the help and feedback. Check your PM for a special discount code for your next purchase :)

• Like 2

I got the dimmer in today, It took a little while to get it connected to my wifi. Mostly cause its at work and i needed a WPA/WPA2 type encryption. It will work on an open network to but it cant have a password. That was my original trouble. Our guest network is open but still requires a password. 

But its working really nice. The 25 second fade in is nice, The light doesnt energize until about 22% power so theres a little bit of a WAKE UP effect but nothing like 100% full on. Theres also the ability to create schedules. Im not done experimenting yet but i think i can do 9am to 10am at 30% power, 11am-12pm 50% etc... I just have to create a seprate schedule for each "hour"

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got the new 18K 55w bulb in. It's HELLA brighter than my 36w version. I have the dimmer on about 50% and its "about" the same. I'll turn it up slowly day by day.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Recommended Discussions