some help please

FlyingFox

I don't have any specific questions I was just wondering what the best setup would be for a 10g,I was thinking about a FOWLR with 1 Royal Gramma in there.(I read some articles from that link:) )

Gramma is ok. Perculas (true or false), firefish, varoius gobies, sixline wrasse, dottybacks, damsels (I don't recommend them though), chromis...

ApocalypticSurf6

i have a 10 gallon and i have a false percula, a fire fish and even tho its not the best thing 2 do i have a hippo tang who loves it in my tank, buy a baby one and let him grow 2 ur tanks size

i have a 10 gallon and i have a false percula, a fire fish and even tho its not the best thing 2 do i have a hippo tang who loves it in my tank, buy a baby one and let him grow 2 ur tanks size
That's a myth. Fish don't grow to your tank size. If your fish is in an undersized tank, it may stay small because of stress, not because it's adapted. How you you know your tang "loves it" in your tank? Did he tell you that? I very much doubt he loves it in a tank that is less than 20% of the minimum size required for that species. Your tang WILL be extemely stressed in a 10g and will likely develop constant ich as soon as it grows a bit. Then the ich will likely be passed to your other fish and that's the end of your livestock... enjoy...
Originally posted by Cellenzweig

That's a myth.  Fish don't grow to your tank size.  If your fish is in an undersized tank, it may stay small because of stress, not because it's adapted.  How you you know your tang "loves it" in your tank?  Did he tell you that?  I very much doubt he loves it in a tank that is less than 20% of the minimum size required for that species.  Your tang WILL be extemely stressed in a 10g and will likely develop constant ich as soon as it grows a bit.  Then the ich will likely be passed to your other fish and that's the end of your livestock... enjoy...

You sooo read my mind Cellenzweig.;) Thats actually less than 10% of the size the hippo generally needs.

Based on their growth rate, a baby specimen could be kept in tanks less than 50 gallon (less than 50 does not equal 10), but within a year they will need to be housed in a tank at least 4-foot-long, probably 75 - 120 gallon. Within two years they may need a larger home again. When they grow to about 6", or if you start with a specimen of that size or larger, a 6-foot-long tank (135 - 220 gallon) is strongly recommended for this fish

Archived