Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zoa Pox? Please help

Javiv

Hello, I am having an issue with my Zoas, I have some Goblins on fire and L.A Lakers that have not opened since this Sunday. All parameters are good I just checked them today. I did notice little white spots on the Goblins. my Sunny D colony is doing fine but did see some more little white specs on the stems, but they are open. I did some research and will dip them in Furan2 tomorrow. Should I dip all my Zoas and palys even if they are not showing any dots? Will it damage them in any way? This is my first time having this issue. I am going to try to get a six line also to hopefully control the problem, I had one and he jumped out. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

Personally I would just dip the ones that have the spots. 

It's been a few years since I did the Furan treatment on Zoas for pox, I remember being nervous about putting them in the yellow medicated water, but it worked and it didn't hurt them. 

Good luck!!

Thanks Weetabix! Did you put them back into your display or did you use a quarantine tank after the dip? Unfortunately I do not have one.

The furan treatment won't hurt them,  it will save them.

Zoa pox spreads very quickly and easily. Theres no harm in dipping the others.

I believe you are supposed to rinse them under tank water before returning them to tank.

I believe it may also take a few treatments, i read an article on the process.

I didn't read anything about wrasse eating them though.

IMG_1133.thumb.JPG.4f543fab3e5ecc817223131c381f1ae7.JPGThanks guys! Yes I performed a Treatment yesterday but did not put enough powder, I will also dip my sunny d's that have some white spots on the stems, but they are open.

I did notice big amphipods on the goblins on fire colony, I am pretty sure they are eating them! This is why I want the six line to eat these suckers!

check out the pic a pod has his head inside the pollyp, this was taken before my lights went on in the morning.

I have had large pods eat my Palys in the past as well, so it does happen sometimes. 

I got a Yellow Coris Wrasse to eat and control the pods. 

I think most Wrasses would work for that. 

Archived