Innovative Marine Aquariums

When do you receive points?

SaltyBuddha

SaltyBuddha

The points system is a love/hate relationship. I love it because I feel like I am getting deals but I hate it because I spend more with it. Good job on the most recent Current USA promotion. You got me on that one, but I do love my light and powerhead. Great products so far.

Just wondering, when should I receive access to the points? I figured it would be when an item is shipped because that is when you are charged for it. But I've been at a constant rate since my last shipment. Is it when the items are delivered?

Marine Depot
4 hours ago, SaltyBuddha said:

The points system is a love/hate relationship. I love it because I feel like I am getting deals but I hate it because I spend more with it. Good job on the most recent Current USA promotion. You got me on that one, but I do love my light and powerhead. Great products so far.

Just wondering, when should I receive access to the points? I figured it would be when an item is shipped because that is when you are charged for it. But I've been at a constant rate since my last shipment. Is it when the items are delivered?

Thank you so much for shopping with us and for your post! No shocker, I'm sure, but it's more advantageous for us to give you a discount on the back-end of a purchase so you're more likely to come back and shop with us again. It also allows us to offer incentives for many items with MAP where discounts on the front are impossible. It feels good to reward shoppers for their loyalty and we have some more really cool perks in the pipeline for our rewards members!

Regarding point distribution, generally this is completed Monday-Friday by a human to make sure things (like promotions) are allocated correctly. This will eventually be automated but since the program is only a couple of months old we've been keeping a close eye on it. Unfortunately the human who does this is out today (had an emergency), but I would imagine he'll be back in a day (or so) and will get that all taken care of. Going forward, this will be done done automatically once your order is shipped.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

social@marinedepot.com

Archived