inTank Media Baskets

Hydor KPS Wavemaker Pump Video Introduction!

TJ_Burton

Sooo remember that commercial I mentioned setting up my reef for? It is on youtube now, so I figure it is time for me to post it up!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

@TJ_Burton I've heard that you have some personal experience with this new pump? I'm setting up my first reef, a Mr Aqua 12 and I'm curious if you would recommend this pump? It's hard to find any useful review other than "it does this and this"... since its so new. 

I was considering the Mp10 and dropped that idea, I was considering the Tunze 6040... and then discovered this a few days ago. Hahaha ? I'd appreciate any thoughts...

• Like 1
17 hours ago, JcSH2o said:

@TJ_Burton I've heard that you have some personal experience with this new pump? I'm setting up my first reef, a Mr Aqua 12 and I'm curious if you would recommend this pump? It's hard to find any useful review other than "it does this and this"... since its so new. 

I was considering the Mp10 and dropped that idea, I was considering the Tunze 6040... and then discovered this a few days ago. Hahaha ? I'd appreciate any thoughts...

For the price point, you won't find a more feature-rich pump. Customizing your own flow schedule is much faster and less buggy than Ecosmart Live, and the tiny footprint puts it high on my list given that it still kicks out 1050 gph.

Build quality is pretty good - the DMSS is great for mounting the pump, and is sturdy. I will say the face of the impeller cover is thin and can be cracked if you push directly on it with any amount of force. That being said, I was being rough with it when I cracked mine, although a dab of super glue solved that issue. 

I currently have 2 of them running similar schedules on a 50 gallon and they are doing a fantastic job. I can imagine on a 12 gallon, a single KPS would be enough to get things moving to your corals' liking. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed with a KPS. ;)

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

For the price point, you won't find a more feature-rich pump. Customizing your own flow schedule is much faster and less buggy than Ecosmart Live, and the tiny footprint puts it high on my list given that it still kicks out 1050 gph.

Build quality is pretty good - the DMSS is great for mounting the pump, and is sturdy. I will say the face of the impeller cover is thin and can be cracked if you push directly on it with any amount of force. That being said, I was being rough with it when I cracked mine, although a dab of super glue solved that issue. 

I currently have 2 of them running similar schedules on a 50 gallon and they are doing a fantastic job. I can imagine on a 12 gallon, a single KPS would be enough to get things moving to your corals' liking. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed with a KPS. ;)

Thanks a million for the response! Exactly what I was looking for. I always research heavily (sometimes takes me weeks to buy something which drives the girlfriend crazy) but since this is so new.... 

For $120 it sure does sound sweet. I'm definitely probably going to get it.... I think. ?

• Like 2