Cultivated Reef

Hands-on with Innovative Marine's APS stands for Nuvo Aquariums

jedimasterben

So now that the cats out of the bag...................same light or ?

You didn't wait till the 10th your now DQd..............:P

• Like 1

See this being offered now on MD as a Pre-Sale item. Price increased also. Example my 30L was $300, not i'ts $350 which to me is they're ripping people off. Shipping weight on the old unit was 90lbs which costs $$$ to ship. Not it's what 20lbs to ship?

jedimasterben
On 4/26/2017 at 3:49 PM, oohnoo said:

See this being offered now on MD as a Pre-Sale item. Price increased also. Example my 30L was $300, not i'ts $350 which to me is they're ripping people off. Shipping weight on the old unit was 90lbs which costs $$$ to ship. Not it's what 20lbs to ship?

I'm not sure where you're getting that it was $300 and is now $350, there was no pricing announced anywhere as far as I know, unless you're comparing to the wood stands. I know it sucks when something that does the same thing is now more expensive, but these are two very different stands. Shipping doesn't usually even come into play for the end user since most places ship everything for free anyway.

And looky what was in stock this morning! What a birthday present! :)

34277322476_6674d54a78_b.jpg

• Like 2

Yes the original IM stand for a 30L was $300 and now the new aluminum stand is $350. Free shipping? Nothing is free, it's rolled into the cost of the stand. 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
9 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

I'm not sure where you're getting that it was $300 and is now $350, there was no pricing announced anywhere as far as I know, unless you're comparing to the wood stands. I know it sucks when something that does the same thing is now more expensive, but these are two very different stands. Shipping doesn't usually even come into play for the end user since most places ship everything for free anyway.

And looky what was in stock this morning! What a birthday present! :)

34277322476_6674d54a78_b.jpg

I have your email, and you can't delete this post no more! hahahahaha

• Like 1
jedimasterben
3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I have your email, and you can't delete this post no more! hahahahaha

Behave Harold :D

• Like 1
Mariaface

@jedimasterben

While I'm being patient for my APS stand to be released, do you have any recommendations on a black screen frame kit for a lid? All I'm finding are white- or bronze-painted aluminum, or the IM kit that seems to have a custom spline to it according to reviews..

Thanks! :)  

ninjamyst

So no door on the stand?  Not sure how I feel about that.  Doesn't look as clean and nice as Red Sea Reefer stands.  Of course, it's not a fair comparison since this one is aluminum.  But would be nice if they focus on the aesthetic of it too.  I am guessing they will also offer this in black or white?

Mariaface
8 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

So no door on the stand?  Not sure how I feel about that.  Doesn't look as clean and nice as Red Sea Reefer stands.  Of course, it's not a fair comparison since this one is aluminum.  But would be nice if they focus on the aesthetic of it too.  I am guessing they will also offer this in black or white?

The paneling is only for 25g and up. Hopefully someone figures out how to stop by Home Depot and make the panels happen for smaller tanks :P  Black version at least is meant to come out later this year... 

• 3 months later...

I finally set up my stand last night, and am debating on placement in the room... :wacko:

It's so lightweight, though! Amazing!

Now to figure out if I need to do wall anchoring so it's not top heavy... 

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but it's what I came across. Does anyone know if these can be modified for shorter length/width tanks? I have a Mr Aqua tank that I believe is 24x18 and I'm wondering if a slightly larger Dimension APS stand could be trimmed down and put back together so it would fit. Cheers