ReefCleaners.org

Hydroid jellyfish

Pjanssen

Found one of these on the glass of my bc29, which has been up and running for almost 5 years-I thought these were part of a new tank. Anybody know anything about them or what to do about them. WEB information is all over the place. Thanks. 

gone_PHiSHin

my tank is young but I still have these little things floating around and on my glass. I hate them.

i don't have anywhere near as many as some others have had though. when I get home from work I have about 5-15 on the glass that I knock off with the mag cleaner, but what pisses me off is that I see the little white flecks floating around in my water.

mine look like a small white dot with 6 or so 'legs'.  like a very tiny spider.

a quick Google search, and these look pretty close 

70677hydroid.jpg

Yeah, I used to have the same as gone_phishin.  They exploded for a few weeks, but didn't last long in my tank.  Maybe 2 months tops and I haven't seen more than 2-3 at a time in the last year.  I wouldn't bother addressing them.  But if you have digitate hydroids, you might be able to do something if you catch them early.  Colonial hydroids would be worse, but I haven't dealt with them personally.

I had hydroid jellyfish in my tank early on. Now my tank is almost a year old, and I still see them every once in a while. I just siphon them out. Their population never exploded in my tank. Let me see if I can find the picture I took.

26889199310_9d5f40b8e9_k.jpg

Here is one picture I took. I don't know about anything that eats them, because since I decided they didn't disturb my tank really and I could just siphon them out, I didn't do any further research.

gone_PHiSHin

mine are smaller than that it seems.

i could never get a good pic of mine but they look 'less developed' than that.  and now that we're talking about it, there are none on the glass.

hmmm

Archived