Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cuteios 10G Custom AiO Nano

cuteios

Hi Gang,

I just got back into the hobby. I had a custom AiO Nano cube built by Mr. Ali Borbon and had it setup today.

my_tank04.jpg

my_tank06.jpg

Tank Specs: 

16x12x12 custom AiO AGA
Sunsun JP-023 Powerhead 1000 lph
5 Kilos Live rock from Rafkiel Petshop
5 Kilos Live sand from Rafkiel Petshop
Filter is running live rock, Pumice stones and Filter foam

Here it was when I first set it up around 10:30PM:

Aio-Nano-0hours.jpg

Then 4 hours later when it completely cleared up:

AIO-nano-5hours.jpg

It's currently under two 6500k Led light bulbs while I'm waiting for my 2x 15W PAR30 lights from Ebay

• Like 2

Just a little update, the tank is now on Day 6 of its cycle everything is looking great. My PAR30 LED lights just arrived today so the tank looks awesome with these new lights on it.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 1:07 AM, cuteios said:

Day 18 - I'm noticing more and more purple coraline on the rocks, though some of the plateaus are dealing with the diatoms.

824DC77C-571B-4561-A93F-D6A141D43F79.jpg

I can see the Coralline!!

The tank looks good, it's gonna look really nice once it starts filling in with corals. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, cuteios said:

Gang I'm stocking my aquarium today.  It's all cycled with the following Parameters:

Ph = 7.8

ammonia = 0

Nitrite = 0

Nitrate = 5ppm

Whatcha gonna get???

2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Whatcha gonna get???

I'm getting a bunch of Zoas and Palys from some friends since no one is selling any other corals right now. The Philippine government has clamped down on people selling corals and the usual places that sell them don't have any, and may not get any for quite some time. :(

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, cuteios said:

I'm getting a bunch of Zoas and Palys from some friends since no one is selling any other corals right now. The Philippine government has clamped down on people selling corals and the usual places that sell them don't have any, and may not get any for quite some time. :(

Oooh, yes, I've heard about this from another member on here who lives in the Phillippines, @HammerLover.

I didn't realize you lived there too. 

Nice!!!

I think that Chalice is my favorite of the new arrivals. 

That's great that you were able to get such pretty things from someone local. 

It looks like you may have the beginnings of Hair Algae on that top rock. 

Do you have Turbo Snails to eat it, or some peroxide you could use to kill it?

Yeah I've noticed a lot of Algae growing in the past few days.  Will be running to the drugstore for some peroxide today. Will 2% Hydrogen peroxide work, or do I have find the 3% solution?  I've read people normally dose it with 1 ml per gallon.  for the clean up crew I currently only have 5 Nassarius Snails, no turbos at this time. Even the snails weren't available at the pet market the last time I visited.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Emerald crabs did a great job at eating my green alge...and bubble algae....and they never touch my corals

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try to hunt down some emerald crabs.  I just did some rearranging of the rocks since I decided to take out the one with the bubble and scrub it.