Coral Vue Hydros

8 Gallon Flow

10g Reef

I've been looking into purchasing an aqua japan 8 gallon aio (standard rimless cube all in one, very similar to old CAD 8 gallon) and am wondering about flow. The tank doesn't come with a return pump, and I was hoping to have the return pump be my only flow to prevent putting a large powerhead in the display. I was considering the hydor pico 1200 (300 gph). My question is would this be enough to be my sole source of of flow? Also, 300gph is significantly more than is usually run through an aio rear chamber of this size, does anyone foresee this being an issue?

It won't be an issue.

I have a 10g Im and took the standard pump around 90gph to 300gph.

It should be enough flow in the tank but until there are corals in there, its hard to say. 

• 3 months later...

Really depends i've got 2 pumps for my 7,5 cube. One sicce nano voyager 260 gph and  one hydor 565. Got good flow everywhere without have stuff flying all over the place (just started my tank though but thinking it will be fine)

On 10/07/2017 at 6:34 PM, Melfy77 said:

Really depends i've got 2 pumps for my 7,5 cube. One sicce nano voyager 260 gph and  one hydor 565. Got good flow everywhere without have stuff flying all over the place (just started my tank though but thinking it will be fine)

Thats a lot of flow.  Might be hard on corals as its 110x flow rate.

Yeah i'll keep an eye on it. One pump is at the bottom in the back just to push detritus in the front. So shouldn't really affect the corals. I'll adjust if I see an issue☺