SaltCritters.com

Thoughts on how I use Chemipure Blue Nano requested.

reeferx2

I was just looking for a little feedback from the community on how I go about my Chemipure Blue Nano business..

My tank is a now rimless fluval edge 6g. I'm going to approximate that there's now 5-5.5 gallons of water in this thing since chopping the top off. Blue Nano is rated at up to 5g.

I run the stock HOB with a sponge, 2 bags of Chemipure Blue Nano, and Chaeto on top. 

Every month I replace both bags of Chemipure 1 week (water change) apart from each other, my theory is that in doing this, it keeps the tank more stable rather then it having to deal with the changes from spent to new media. I remember reading something to this effect on the larger Chemipure bags instructions. 

Lately I've been considering simply running only one bag and changing it monthly. I'm sure I'll notice if things go awry I'm my tank if there's any adverse effects in doing so. But I'd really like some opinions, and or advice first. 

The reason I'm considering doing this is because I feel maybe the 2 bags are overkill, especially being that I run chaeto as well. And in the interest of saving a little money. 

For what it's worth, everything in my tank is pretty damn healthy, the parameters are perfect 95% of the time, and I've been doing it this way for approximately 3 months now.

If all is going perfectly well at the current rate, why mix it up? My guess is you are better off using two and switching them out a week apart. Those bags are tiny, using just one might not be enough. At best, you'd be saving about $1 a month. 

What kinds of corals do you have in there? I only run one pack of the nano in my IM 10 and change it every 4-6 weeks. No issues. but all I have are RFAs, gorgonians, and one clownfish. 

I'd run only 1 bag. I use to use it and used 2 in my 15g. I switxhed back to regular seachem matrix carbon.

Cost less in bulk, replaced it every 3 weeks, used how much i wanted, got the same results.

I wouldn't advise using sponges. Filter floss is better and changed 2 times a week. You can buy it in bulk for $10

I suppose the best question I can ask is, what would be the benefit to only running one bag? That's kinda where I'm lost in all this. 

Archived