ReefCleaners.org

my duo fell into my tank Help!

makingfilms

makingfilms

@DaveFason my girlfriend was hanging a picture and knocked my nano box goose neck over and into tank. got dunked for a second maybe. lights where off. But i am afraid to turn on what should i do now. 

thanks for any help you can give

13 minutes ago, makingfilms said:

@DaveFason my girlfriend was hanging a picture and knocked my nano box goose neck over and into tank. got dunked for a second maybe. lights where off. But i am afraid to turn on what should i do now. 

Open it up. Wipe everything down with fresh water on a rag and then dry it out. Then place it in a bag of rice for atleast a week. After that you will be good to go most likely.

Dump your girlfriend!

jk, dont tell my wife I said that. Do not turn it on, you need to dry that baby out like braaap stated.

makingfilms

Took it apart and dried it completely. Water didn't reall get very far fortunately. Just a few drops in the electronics 

12 minutes ago, makingfilms said:

Took it apart and dried it completely. Water didn't reall get very far fortunately. Just a few drops in the electronics 

Then put it in rice for a day or two. Your tank will be fine without light.

20 minutes ago, makingfilms said:

it is in rice gonna let it sit for a day or two and test it. My guess is it works 

My cousin's son spilled an entire glass of water on his brand new MacBook pro while it was on. It turned off when that happened. I told him to put it in a bag of rice for a week and it works perfectly now.

4 hours ago, braaap said:

Then place it in a bag of rice for atleast a week.

That will not only help moisture off your lights, it will make your light to AZN ELITE status.  Your corals and fish will thrive!

11 hours ago, makingfilms said:

Shoot me a photo of how the unit looks to my email! 

It seems like everything is ok. The biggest thing is the fan. Fingers crossed!

makingfilms

update!

Lucky for me I live in Los Angeles!

A friend of mine who I surf with almost every morning is a camera tech at a major movie camera house. His job is to fix high tech movie cameras all day. This am, I told him what happened and he said he could dry it out for me, As he regularly fixes cameras that get water damage. I gave him my light in the bag of rice this am and have just received a text that it works like a champ and I can pick it up whenever. Thanks every one who helped. And these lights are incredible and now proven durable, but don't drop them in your tank.

Archived