inTank Media Baskets

Pendant Lighting suggestions for Biocube 29

The Dish

Just picked up a Biocube 29 off Craigslist for a really good deal to upgrade my BC14. Was looking to use a pendant style light (kessil or something along that line). The previous owner already has cut the top out (saved me the work, bonus!) so a pendant is really the only option in play. Any suggestions - mostly stocking with softies and LPS, MAYBE getting into some SPS down the road. Thanks!

whisnantrider

The kessil's are sweet, I've recently gotten my hands on radions and so far I like them on my 90. I think paring them with the vortech pumps and reeflink would be really nice, you'd have full customizability of your lights and pump from your phone! that's pretty cool in my book, totally unnecessary but freakin' cool. That said, I still liked the DIY Lumia 5.2 leds, if you aren't scared of DIY they can get some great colors and growth.

18 hours ago, whisnantrider said:

The kessil's are sweet, I've recently gotten my hands on radions and so far I like them on my 90. I think paring them with the vortech pumps and reeflink would be really nice, you'd have full customizability of your lights and pump from your phone! that's pretty cool in my book, totally unnecessary but freakin' cool. That said, I still liked the DIY Lumia 5.2 leds, if you aren't scared of DIY they can get some great colors and growth.

I did the Steve's LED in my BC14, so I'm not too shy about DIY stuff. I've never heard of the Lumia 5.2 - Do you have experience with them? I haven't done much research on DIY pendant lighting, since the top is cutout I figured alot of my DIY options likes Steve's are limited

Archived