Top Shelf Aquatics

Spectra Pure

StevieGF

I just got my 90 gpd 4 stage system set it up followed instructions added water and after at least a half hour I've got no pressure reading. I have water from waste lin none from product line.

The empty DI chamber has only got 2 " of water so far. The feed line is 12'. The waste line and product line are in a bucket.

Does anyone have any thoughts or is this just the normal set up

Is your supply water pressure very low?  If so, it might not be able to force water through the membrane and you'd need a booster pump to make it work. 

Also, check if you have a flush valve open on that unit.  They are typically on top next to the RO cylinder.  If you have one and it's open, you will get water running through the waste line but will have virtually no water coming through the membrane into the product water line.  They are normally blue and should be turned perpendicular to the tubing to close.

House water pdessure on the line i chose is typically between 70-80. The DI cylinder is filling ridiculously slow. I will look for flush valve

Thanks

Pressure tested water line for ro/di it has 85 pounds at faucet and 85 pounds at inlet ro/di  is this too much and any suggestions where to find 1/4" pressure regulator. Looked at Home Depot and Lowes and no luck

No, that's not too much pressure as far as I know.  And certainly you should be getting product water if there's no flush valve open.  There needs to be appropriate back pressure on the waste line in order to force water through the membrane.  This back pressure would be released if there's a flush valve that's open, but could also be the case if there's a failed capillary drain flow restrictor.  Can you test water pressure on the drain line immediately after the RO membrane?  Also, I'm guessing you're not trying to force the water up a story or anything like that, right?  Assuming you didn't modify the configuration, I doubt the capillary is the problem, but unfortunately don't know how to help more.  Try PMing AZDesertRat.

If your getting water in the first 3 stages and through the membrane I'm guessing you you hooked up the auto shut off incorrectly or the diaphragm has a hole or tear in it or possibly some blockage. 

I could be be wrong but don't those units come with a cut to size flow restrictor on it? 

Final solution with ro/di.  Spectra Pure tech very helpful with diagnosis procedure. Flow restricter was only about 1.5 inches long (not cut to size)

Through trial and error we established correct product to waste ratio by using a ball valve then replacing it with needle for better accuracy. Pressure was an issue due to water temp 40 deg so gauge is at about 42 pounds at this point with a yield of approx 40 gpd.

So tech was good, product works and learned alot about ro/di units.

Happy Ending!

Archived