Coral Vue Hydros

Barton's 5g Pico powered by AI Prime HD

mbarton2010

28 minutes ago, Mkbarton said:

Well it was aggravated. I moved it around and I turned the lights on after the timer already cut them off. 

Ah, I see, makes sense. 

mbarton2010

So my Torch has been pissy the last few days. The tentacles aren't really expanding but it isn't receding or anything. Maybe too much light? I moved it under an overhang so hopefully that will please it

I would have to see a closeup of the tips to be sure but it may be bryopsis. Bryopsis has feathery looking tips. 

How's the Torch doing?

mbarton2010
1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

I would have to see a closeup of the tips to be sure but it may be bryopsis. Bryopsis has feathery looking tips. 

Damn. Any tips to get it before it becomes an extreme nuisance. 

Its still kinda pissed. It is not receding but it's not fully extended either. I added a hammer and an Acan drag today also

Just now, Mkbarton said:

Damn. Any tips to get it before it becomes an extreme nuisance 

Manual removal for sure. 

Use spot treatment with peroxide anywhere you see it growing on rock, just remove rock, dab on peroxide, wait couple mins, then rinse & return to tank. 

If you get on it now, that may be enough to deal with it. 

Honestly can't remember if anything eats it. 

mbarton2010
3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Manual removal for sure. 

Use spot treatment with peroxide anywhere you see it growing on rock, just remove rock, dab on peroxide, wait couple mins, then rinse & return to tank. 

If you get on it now, that may be enough to deal with it. 

Honestly can't remember if anything eats it. 

I'll do that tomorrow. Need to get some more RO/DI. I'll take all the rocks out and scrape from glass and I have a toothbrush that I'll scrub the rocks with. The peroxide won't bother my RFAs will it

Just don't touch the RFA tissue with the peroxide and rinse it off well before returning to tank, and you should be fine. 

• Like 1
mbarton2010

FTS under the stock lighting because the API led is too much for my iPhone 

mans you can see the algae I'm about to decimate tomorrow this is where my RFAs decided to settle

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I can see what you mean on the algae. 

Just stay away from RFA tissue and they should be fine. 

They can handle being out of water for a few minutes (I've done it) and so can Zoa polyps. 

One other option is to treat the tank with Fluconazole. Do a search for threads with info on how to do that, a few people on here have been doing it. 

I noticed a couple of Aiptasia on the rock as well, you'll want to kill those. You can put the peroxide directly on their tissue for a few mins or burn them with a lighter. 

I actually used to use kalkwasser paste directly on their tissue with the rock out of water to kill them. Same basic concept.

The new Torch & Acans are really pretty!!! 2 of the ones you pictured are ones I used to have in the prettiest tank I ever built. :)

mbarton2010
15 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Pretty!!!

I just added one of those this last week as well. :)

I'm going to take most of the rock out and clean it good to get the algae and aiptasia off. Would it hurt to replace my live sand? I have another bag I haven't used

34 minutes ago, Mkbarton said:

I'm going to take most of the rock out and clean it good to get the algae and aiptasia off. Would it hurt to replace my live sand? I have another bag I haven't used

You can do that if you want to, and no I don't think it would hurt anything, but I also don't think it's necessary. 

On 4/8/2017 at 0:37 PM, Mkbarton said:

I want to do something like this to get rid of aptasia. What's your plan? Scrub it with some aptasia x?

mbarton2010
6 hours ago, craig1560 said:

I want to do something like this to get rid of aptasia. What's your plan? Scrub it with some aptasia x?

I just scrubbed everything with Peroxide. Need to find a syringe to inject the aiptasia with some

SaltyBuddha
Just now, Mkbarton said:

I rescaped again. I think I'll leave it like this. Going to pick up some more frags Thursday and maybe a cool invert 

You can't say this and not post a picture. Its just not right lol

• Like 1