Cultivated Reef

Barton's 5g Pico powered by AI Prime HD

mbarton2010

1 hour ago, Mkbarton said:

Picked up a Jebao SW-2 today. The flow is great Reminds me of my old MP10. Also fed the tank today. Calico Jack and Blunderbuss came right out to eat so that's a good sign

I got one of those too awesome little pumps for the price point

On 5/11/2017 at 10:46 PM, SaltyBuddha said:

He's gotta have a pirate name now. Just has to happen

On 5/11/2017 at 10:51 PM, Mkbarton said:

He shall be named Calico Jack

And the pistol shrimp shall be named Blunderbuss

I used to have a little one-eyed dwarf orange platy named One-Eyed Willie, after the pirate in The Goonies. :lol:

6 hours ago, Mkbarton said:

Picked up an emerald crab and a PomPom Crab. $10 for the Pom Pom so I couldn't pass it up

IMG_0231.JPG

$10 is a steal for a pom-pom!

• Like 2
mbarton2010

So the mentally challenged pirate couple have moved dens three times already. Now they have dug out the right corner and are just hanging out there now

image.jpg

• Like 4
mbarton2010

So quick update. Due to the new pump blowing sand around, I had to rescape. Actually like it a lot. All the corals are doing good. Leather is kinda slimed over but I just fed a little bit ago. Haven't seen the Pom Pom Crab since I put it in the tank <_<

IMG_0233.JPG

• Like 3
Just now, Mkbarton said:

So quick update. Due to the new pump blowing sand around, I had to rescape. Actually like it a lot. All the corals are doing good. Leather is kinda slimed over but I just fed a little bit ago. Haven't seen the Pom Pom Crab since I put it in the tank <_<

IMG_0233.JPG

Looks good.  That clownfish is sooo teeny!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mkbarton said:

IMG_0234.JPG

And I'm thinking about putting a nice little gorg on a rock in the middle 

A gorg would look nice there. 

• Like 1
SemperReef

How did that bryopsis go?  I read half way through so not certain if you killed it all.  It is a bitch to deal with.  My 55 had(has a little still).  As far as I know nothing save a certain nudi eats it?  Never thought to use peroxide as was suggested but a lot of work to do on my 55 for it.  As for aiptasia I used peppermint shrimps.  They eat them all up but I think only a certain subspecies in particular.  L. wurdemanni i believe??  Also a type of nudi (berghia sp?) only eats aiptasia.  

• Like 1
mbarton2010
32 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

How did that bryopsis go?  I read half way through so not certain if you killed it all.  It is a bitch to deal with.  My 55 had(has a little still).  As far as I know nothing save a certain nudi eats it?  Never thought to use peroxide as was suggested but a lot of work to do on my 55 for it.  As for aiptasia I used peppermint shrimps.  They eat them all up but I think only a certain subspecies in particular.  L. wurdemanni i believe??  Also a type of nudi (berghia sp?) only eats aiptasia.  

It's all gone. I think it was due to being right next to my planted tank. All aiptasia are gone due to my peppermint shrimp. Tank is cruising along great. 

• Like 1
SemperReef
On May 17, 2017 at 11:16 PM, Mkbarton said:

So after a few days of not seeing the Pom pomp crab he finally came out! 

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

I don't see mine very often.  I miss keeping smaller tanks because it's the little life that I find grand, you start losing that in larger tanks.  Went months without seeing my pompom and seen her twice in the last week.  Maybe my bumblebee shrimp will turn up?

• Like 3
mbarton2010

So now that it is getting a little hotter around my house (90+) we are using our AC more. My tank is getting down to 74-75 F. What small heater would you guys recommend?

47 minutes ago, Mkbarton said:

So now that it is getting a little hotter around my house (90+) we are using our AC more. My tank is getting down to 74-75 F. What small heater would you guys recommend?

I use a small Tetra heater on The Creep's Cube.  (It's the kind you can't adjust.) 

• Like 1
Just now, Mkbarton said:

Picked up a mushroom rock and got 2 freebie frags. A chalice and birdnest 

Pics or it didn't happen. 

• Like 2
mbarton2010
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I like the birdsnest. 

Just now, WV Reefer said:

I like the birdsnest. 

That is literally after being in the tank 2 minutes

• Like 1