Top Shelf Aquatics

Barton's 5g Pico powered by AI Prime HD

mbarton2010

mbarton2010

15 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Yes, it should be. I'm using the 12w on my bowl.  I still haven't figured out how to take pictures under that light yet though! It's quite a challenge! 

55 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yes, and you can put it in any socket. 

I've had to have mine suspended kinda high over the "tank", it's actually pretty strong, but I really like the way it looks. 

Yes, I haven't figured that out yet either, that's next on my list!!

16 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Yes...the bulb is somewhat heavy. I'm using a gooseneck style fixture and the bulb weighs it down a few inches. At some point I may need to figure out how to strengthen/support the gooseneck. I've seen some people using drafting style fixtures which seem like they would work well with these bulbs.

It will be here tomorrow. I'll probably end up hanging it from the ceiling or maybe getting a gooseneck. 

• Like 1
mbarton2010

Well I installed the new pump! 

And and forgot to put the lid back on the tank. :( Dart went to the big aquarium in the sky. I'll be going to get a new one tomorrow and make a legit lid

• Sad 1
mbarton2010
3 minutes ago, craig1560 said:

Dang, sorry to hear that. I've never had problems with clowns jumping, that's crazy that he was such a jumper. 

Yeah I haven't either. My old tank I never had a lid on and kept clowns for over a year. This one was a little cooky though. I'll try to pick out a calmer one lol

Sorry bout the Kooky Clown's demise. 

Looking forward to seeing how you do the light. 

Mine is currently in a light fixture I stole from my son's room, but I'm looking to getting an architect lamp to replace it.

mbarton2010

Got the light in! And a new clown. He is hanging out in the corner now. And my torch is splitting!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good polyp extension on my sps frags. The first one was receding at the LFS so I'm gonna try to save it

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mkbarton said:

Current FTS. I have to find my camera. The iPhone just can't handle the LEDs

image.jpg

Just a heads up, you can put sun glasses or yellow shooting glasses in front of your phone lense and it will eliminate a lot of the blue 

• Like 1
mbarton2010
20 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I personally wouldn't put a clam in a tank that small?

What kinds of corals do you enjoy seeing in other people's tanks?

I really like Acans. I might get a few macroalgaes too

22 minutes ago, Mkbarton said:

I really like Acans. I might get a few macroalgaes too

Those should both be very doable in your tank. 

If you get Acans and they act temperamental, try raising the light a little higher. 

You'll have to experiment and see as far as that goes. 

I'm doing that myself right now with the Tuna Blue bulb over my Waterfall Pico.

mbarton2010

So everything is loving the new light so far. Both sps frags have great extension and the torch is doing great. The two random mushrooms are moving a little but the mat is because I adjusted the rock and they were basically in a shadow 

mbarton2010

Played around with snapseed. Changed the scape up too. I like this one better. The torch is still a little pissed from the other night but it's been opening more every day. The algae is going down. The Astreas have been putting in work

IMG_0104.JPG

It looks 10000x better in person. Need a real camera

• Like 2

I have that exact same Maze Brain frag in my Waterfall Pico!!

Is the RFA right behind that frag? If so, it looks slightly aggravated. 

I know exactly what you mean about the tank looking better in person than you can get to show in pics, I'm continuing to work on solutions to that. 

Using the stock light to take pics isn't a bad idea, but I know from experience that coral colors look more vivid in person than the stock lighting shows. Maybe you could take pics under the stock light then use a photo editor to increase saturation or vividness so it looks like what you see. 

@Mkbarton

I also replaced the stock pump with the AQ600 which provides a good amount of flow. 

Do you think i could get away with running that pump alone with coral/single clown? 

I also have the Hydor powerhead you have but took it out because it seemed a bit much. 

mbarton2010
6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I have that exact same Maze Brain frag in my Waterfall Pico!!

Is the RFA right behind that frag? If so, it looks slightly aggravated. 

I know exactly what you mean about the tank looking better in person than you can get to show in pics, I'm continuing to work on solutions to that. 

Using the stock light to take pics isn't a bad idea, but I know from experience that coral colors look more vivid in person than the stock lighting shows. Maybe you could take pics under the stock light then use a photo editor to increase saturation or vividness so it looks like what you see. 

Well it was aggravated. I moved it around and I turned the lights on after the timer already cut them off.