SaltCritters.com

Sean's IM Abyss Drop Off Panorama - August Photo Dump

Bella's Reef

1 hour ago, Bella's Reef said:

While picking up a refractometer from a local Reefer I could not pass up this little Elegance Coral with blue tips for $50!

IMG_0401.JPG

NICE!!!!

• Like 1

Nice! I noticed mine took a few days to get comfortable and extend its tentacles out in my tank.  Give it some time and it should look better and better. :) 

Look out for your clean up crew, though. Snails are its favorite snacks. :lol:

• Like 1
Bella's Reef

The issue is the cone/base is small and blows it around. I finally decided to wedge it under the large rock and it has stayed out with the flow.

Still battling issue with bacteria bloom anytime I turn the Bio Pellet reactor on, wondering if tank is just too new to run it. 

• Like 1

I just found your thread! I really like the tank and the scape. I think it's a good sign that the zoas are thriving, and that elegance is awesome!

I've never run a biopellet reactor personally, but I have heard of lots of problems due to running too much or too soon. It would be worth a try to just leave it off and monitor nitrates, and when they start to rise, bring it online with a much reduced pellet load. Then increase the pellets in response to your nitrate measurements.

• Like 1
Bella's Reef
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I just found your thread! I really like the tank and the scape. I think it's a good sign that the zoas are thriving, and that elegance is awesome!

I've never run a biopellet reactor personally, but I have heard of lots of problems due to running too much or too soon. It would be worth a try to just leave it off and monitor nitrates, and when they start to rise, bring it online with a much reduced pellet load. Then increase the pellets in response to your nitrate measurements.

Thanks I am pretty happy with how things are moving along, I added some Petroglyphs, Monti Cap and a Tailspot Blenny last night and hope to get some pictures tonight.

I ended up leaving the reactor off for a few days and dosing Microbacter7 and everything cleared up, dumped half of the Bio Pellets out and it has been running clear for two days now, so hopefully it is all dialed in now. I believe the bloom's had something to do with too much pellets being added as well as my wife spraying aerosol air freshener in the living room and near the fish tank, so to be safe we will stick to plug in's and candles only.

• Like 2
Bella's Reef

Nothing new to report besides being away for a nice mini-vacation to Chicago with my wife. 

Tank has had a few mini cycles and we are definitely experiencing some algae growth. ReefCleaners order has been placed and hope to have some snails Friday.

A little frustrated as the Petroglyphs have been closed since we left and still are, seller tells me today he has been having zoas and palys melt on him. I was planning on purchasing 3 polyps of Utter Chaos from him and glad I waited.

Time to find a sweet Gladiator clownfish to add to the tank!

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

• Like 5
Bella's Reef

A 10 gallon water change and we added a pair of Picasso Clownfish today! The tank is finally maturing with some algae growth & have a cleanup crew arriving Wednesday.

Bella's Reef

Very happy with these two I picked up from a well known breeder in the Midwest.

They paired up quickly, tried to get good pictures of the helmet, cheek and other patterns of them but they are still super shy.

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

• Like 4
On 4/18/2017 at 10:53 PM, Bella's Reef said:

Mr. Blenn as my daughter calls him. He is a huge fan of North Fin Krill Pro pellets left over from my Frontosas 

IMG_0451.JPG

He's awesome!

• Like 1

Hey Sean looks nice! I have the same one....4 months in...this pic is 2 weeks ago and I made some adds since but it's the basic idea. 

IMG_0971.JPG

• Like 4
Bella's Reef
14 hours ago, samnaz said:

Your puppies are TOO CUTE!

Thanks we have had Breslin the Boston Terrier for 8 years now and Cheena the French Bulldog for 2.5 years now, both are rescue dogs and we love them to pieces.

3 hours ago, Bella's Reef said:

Thanks we have had Breslin the Boston Terrier for 8 years now and Cheena the French Bulldog for 2.5 years now, both are rescue dogs and we love them to pieces.

Aw! Rescued is my favorite breed :) I have an American bulldog/English bulldog mix and I love her more than anything.

Btw your tank is beautiful. 

• Like 1
Bella's Reef
On 5/3/2017 at 10:46 PM, Teitelmm said:

Hey Sean looks nice! I have the same one....4 months in...this pic is 2 weeks ago and I made some adds since but it's the basic idea. 

Looks great & nice selection of coral, now that the first few corals have been in my tank for month or so I finally feel safe adding more. I am looking for some Gorgonian, Tyree Neon Green Toadstool, Purple Torch, Flame Algae and some more zoa's and a nice scoly for my next purchases.

2 hours ago, Bella's Reef said:

Getting this Skimmer dialed in pretty nicely!

IMG_0555.JPG

That's awesome. Tons of garbage coming out lol

• Like 1