inTank Media Baskets

DIY LED info

mbarton2010

mbarton2010

Need some good info on diy led kit. Preferably a link. I don't mind having to solder or drill but I need to know all the parts I'll need and if there is a kit that includes everything 

Those kits work, and they are cheap, but the LED color selection leaves something to be desired. RapidLED has a bunch of different kits that you can get dimmable and non-dimmable with a much better LED color setup that will really make the tank and corals look good.

I didn't provide a link as I don't know what tank you are trying to light, but if you go to www.rapidled.com, I'm sure you will find something. Unfortunately, these kits are more expensive, but much higher quality.

• 1 month later...
soeminpaing

How about blue acro? Their pucks seem pretty interesting to me. Kinda remind me of the ones I saw in Asian Reef shops. Illumagic types. Their drivers are also sleek. Haven't seen many people using it though in fact I haven't seen a build thread yet.

I've tried just about every led. I think the nanobox arrays have the best color. blue acro I havn't tried but it looks good too. 

Archived