Cultivated Reef

All in one 30 gallon diy

Putzyjd

On 4/22/2017 at 0:07 PM, Weetabix7 said:

I'd say just give it a couple of days. 

I'm pretty sure my pink spotted watchman goby ate them haha I read The description on salt corner about them and apparently they are known to eat ornamental shrimp and hermit crabs but he hasn't ate my hermit crabs 

6 hours ago, Putzyjd said:

I'm pretty sure my pink spotted watchman goby ate them haha I read The description on salt corner about them and apparently they are known to eat ornamental shrimp and hermit crabs but he hasn't ate my hermit crabs 

Hermits are harder to eat if you don't have the equipment to break into the shell. ;)

7 hours ago, Nart said:

very nice AIO DIY! Definitely following. Can't wait for updates.

Thanks ? it's going pretty well I figured I'd build my own out of glass and acrylic instead of paying $200-$300. I got mysis shrimp today and fed that and finally got my big 4 inch zebra barred dart to come out and my pink spotted watchman goby came out a little too. 

IMG_20170425_125653141.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I had three hermit crabs and I could only find two and they have been hiding in these holes in my rocks for about two days now and I thought they might be hiding from my pink spotted goby (pink spotted gobys are known to eat hermit crabs) so I looked under my Rock and found what appears to be the third hermit crab? I hope it's just his molt but it's hard to tell anyways he's right next to my pink spotted goby and I still haven't seen either of my shrimp ? sorry for the crappy image my phone camera isn't that great.

IMG_20170503_220623906_HDR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 5:57 AM, Nart said:

very nice AIO DIY! Definitely following. Can't wait for updates.

Update ? I just bought the current USA orbit LED light this one is the 24" and I also got a DC wave maker power head that hooks up to the current USA loop system. I got it all hooked up and Im pretty impressed ? I like the sunrise sunset function and the fact that it's timed. I bought the power head mainly as a backup because if my pump failed and my power was still on the back up bubbler wouldn't kick on so I figured it would be good to have. Anyways on a side note im down to one hermit I think and I just got a bunch of sea shells online that are really cool ?

IMG_20170516_183854517.jpg

IMG_20170516_183922509.jpg

Archived