ReefCleaners.org

Current eflux wave pump dB rating..seems loud

greg5oh

Acrylic 20g tank, currently full of water and nothing else.

Just theflux 660 gph wave pump is making 50-52db of noise.

Sounds like a chainsaw idling outside when you are in the same room.

seems quite loud to me..any ideas? Will is quiet down with stuff in the tank to act as a damper?

No, something is wrong with it. Take the front shroud off and make sure that the impeller axle is inserted into the bushings on both ends properly (one will be in the motor cavity, the other in the front shroud)

thanks. I am also not really impressed by the flow. Doesnt seem its moving 660 gph. I have a little piece of paper towel floating around in there, and unless its right infront of the PH it just sort of floats around lazily. you can hear the noise change tone every so often like it starts pumping more...

I will check out the impeller and shaft after work today. Already contacted Current.

i know it was "free" (sort of, you end up paying more vs just the light, but i though it was a good deal), but dangit it should work flawlessly being new!

they are also not very good at answering their phones! been trying all day no one picks up...

Part of the reason I went with a name brand was to have stateside support for the products. Its nice when you can speak with someone. sometimes have to wait 2 days to get an answer from an email..

took it apart last night, there was a hair trapped in between the nose cone and shaft! this must have happened during assembly, as i have short hair and literally took it out of the box and put it into the tank..

So the flow is greatly improved,  sitting approx 8" below water facing slightly upwards it is making nice waves across the surface of the water.

still the same dB rating though which is slightly irritating.

Still want to pick up a jebao pump and use it as the slave pump for a nice gyre motion in the tank.

Archived