Top Shelf Aquatics

HighCurrent's 14g SPS Forest and Zoa Garden

HighCurrent

HighCurrent

Another notable change today.

I removed my cute little yellow clown goby. I feel it is the source of my lack of polyp extension on my acropora. After a lot of research I figured out that the clown goby is well known for irritating acro so they will slim. They then consume the slime as food. Long story short...he had to go lol. Now I need to find some fish that are a good fit for the tank.

Open to suggestions on fish to put in my tank. 

HighCurrent

Well after a couple days with out the clown goby, my acropora are looking a little more back to normal. Which is a HUGE relief. I guess that goes to show that you should really do your research before introducing a new fish.

Here is a shot of one of my millies on the come back tour.

IMG_4102.thumb.JPG.83f5818f5588e6141174e66916e2dd71.JPG

Snapped a shot of my orange setosa looking real happy.

IMG_4101.thumb.JPG.0156a17e948e56a0543862254b47f0a1.JPG

Here is a shot of the Summit City Corals Brain Damage Monti Cap under all blue. CANNOT wait to see this thing grow out! Pictures just don't do justice.

IMG_4099.thumb.JPG.432d0cab2d4d652de44d564994de8d59.JPG

HighCurrent

OP Updated.

Added a new FTS.

Added a few fish as well as a couple more acropora...I know...I have problems. I'm thinking about going to meetings for it. They are once a month with other like minded addicts : )

Ultimately decided to move my candies down of the rock and to the sand bed for two reasons. One I think it likes the lesser light on the sand bed. It is much fuller now than it was on the rock. Two I don't want it to become a problem later when everything grows in more.

HighCurrent

Due to popular local demand I cut up some SunnyDs today. I have had them for over a year and have never cut the 40+ heads I have. Oh and threw out some bristle worms.58e2e03aaae51_IMG_41121.thumb.JPG.d1e87cd00704a2c3d9def80128d6ae27.JPG

Added just a couple more sticks and did a little rearranging. I really need to get my sand be sorted out.

58e2e0f6ef427_IMG_41141.thumb.JPG.b6209fa4c710e59745fead2bed0a044b.JPG

Wow tank looks great! I'm gonna pull the trigger on a P20 and wanted to run 1 A80 as well but i think I'll need at least the 160we...thoughts on the light? Follwing along, great work! 

• Like 1
HighCurrent
3 hours ago, rrocky said:

Wow tank looks great! I'm gonna pull the trigger on a P20 and wanted to run 1 A80 as well but i think I'll need at least the 160we...thoughts on the light? Follwing along, great work! 

Thanks for the kind words. I truly appreciate it! 

I would most most definitely go for the 160 if I were you. I honestly think at some point I will have to do the same after all my sticks start to fill in. Either that or add a second A80. I can tell a difference in branch thickness in my turquoise Lovelli frag already. It is a frag from my 75g T5 lit tank. The new growth is noticeably thinner than the pre existing frag. Just something to think about!

• Like 1
HighCurrent
6 hours ago, rrocky said:

So I just bit the bullet and ordered a second a80. I know I'm gonna need it. May as well get it up there lol.

HighCurrent
4 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

i didn't even see the TSB!  one of my favorites.  that's currently the only fish i have in my IM10

Yeah he is am awesome addition to the tank.

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ooh I didn't even see the blenny!  I was too mesmerized by the clown. :lol:  How are the corals responding to the additional light?

They seem to like. It's only been like 2 hours but the polyps on my sps were pushing out a little more. So, I hope that's a good sign!

HighCurrent
18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I hope so too!  Maybe when I'm once again employed I can look into getting the light, it seems like a nice spectrum.

Yes, I really am liking it. It really reminds me of halide lighting.

18 hours ago, rrocky said:

very nice! I'm starting with 1 A80 but will have 2 as well on the P20. what mount are you using???

I am using the Current Orbit LED Adjustable Tank Mount Bracket. Then I used the canopy mounts that come with the A80s.

• Like 1
HighCurrent
41 minutes ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Just curious. Did you have a Current LED before and switch to the A80s? Or just get the bracket because it works with them?

I did not have one. I was looking through led tank mounts trying to find something that would work. I didn't want to use two goose necks. 

So I took a chance and it ended yup working out! I share some pictures when I get a chance of you'd like.

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

two A80s wouldn't be my first choice for this tank but i love the way it looks on one mount!  it turned out nicely and i know the corals are going to love the extra light!

well done, keep the pics coming

• Like 1
SaltyBuddha

Yeah that mount looks clean. Glad it worked out! I currently have an IC LED with that mount. Good to know I can use it for an upgrade in the future!

• Like 1
HighCurrent
On 4/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

two A80s wouldn't be my first choice for this tank but i love the way it looks on one mount!  it turned out nicely and i know the corals are going to love the extra light!

well done, keep the pics coming

Knowing what I know now...I probably would have gone with a A160 from the get go. However, this tank would be totally fine under one A80. Just isnt spectaular if you want a tank full of SPS. Thanks for the compliments! I am decently happy with the way it worked out in the end. The corals are loving the added light. Except for my slow burn cap...it is bleached lol.

I plan on it!

On 4/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, SaltyBuddha said:

Yeah that mount looks clean. Glad it worked out! I currently have an IC LED with that mount. Good to know I can use it for an upgrade in the future!

Thanks!  Me too. It is definitely a good mount for the money.

2 hours ago, HighCurrent said:

Update to the OP. Officially started my zoa/shroom garden for the sand bed. Going to sell off my scoly, torch and acan.

You know what we need now... ;)

Too bad about the scoly, it's so nice!