A pitcher?? LolIMG_4168.thumb.JPG.defeb3a4e585853f96ff66e5e0701da6.JPG

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :lol:

Looks great!  I, too, have a nice little frag plug garden going lol :happy:

• Like 1
HighCurrent
7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :lol:

Looks great!  I, too, have a nice little frag plug garden going lol :happy:

Yeah gotta love a garden of ceramic discs lol. 

• Like 1
HighCurrent

The Sicce 1.5 is much better than the stock pup as far as noise by a long shot. Also, the Sicce pumps output is adjustable. I knew that I wanted to use the spinstream on my return and assumed that would choke down my return a bit. If I remember correctly the price difference on Amazon wasn't a huge difference either. I think with the spinstream installed I have the 1.5 dialed back like 2 maybe 3 clicks on the adjustment.

Panda_corals
7 hours ago, HighCurrent said:

The Sicce 1.5 is much better than the stock pup as far as noise by a long shot. Also, the Sicce pumps output is adjustable. I knew that I wanted to use the spinstream on my return and assumed that would choke down my return a bit. If I remember correctly the price difference on Amazon wasn't a huge difference either. I think with the spinstream installed I have the 1.5 dialed back like 2 maybe 3 clicks on the adjustment.

Awesome. I will be setting up a P14 with a sicce 1.5 to replace the stock pump very soon.  I'll also have an mp10 so flow should be covered. I'll have a very similar setup with two clowns and lots of sps and I have not seen any other posts with the P14. Have you run in to any problems with the tank or is there anything you would have done differently with the setup?

Very pretty tank by the way!

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

IMO if you have the MP10 in there then you don't need the 1.5...more contact time with your filter media.  it is adjustable though so you can always dial it back

• Like 1
HighCurrent
19 hours ago, Panda_corals said:

Awesome. I will be setting up a P14 with a sicce 1.5 to replace the stock pump very soon.  I'll also have an mp10 so flow should be covered. I'll have a very similar setup with two clowns and lots of sps and I have not seen any other posts with the P14. Have you run in to any problems with the tank or is there anything you would have done differently with the setup?

Very pretty tank by the way!

Nice! I also have not seen any others P14s. The only thing I would do differently is gone with a Kessil A160 from the get go. The single A80 would totally be fine but I want heavy coverage for my acropora.

Thank you!! I have been trying hard on it.

HighCurrent

Decided to finally get my LSM outta the box and actually use it. Took this opportunity to clean up all the wiring as well. Looks much nicer up top now.

...still need to get matching hardware for mounting the A80s to the arm.

IMG_4199.thumb.JPG.8e78134e74758b4d1917f70a28a968cf.JPGIMG_4200.thumb.JPG.ef985bfe511560e78e77b6ebe99eb9cd.JPGIMG_4201.thumb.JPG.3c42d5a452dba52118c5db30ab117f3b.JPG

• Like 1
HighCurrent
On 4/19/2017 at 8:14 AM, Macron said:

Lights are looking good. 2 smaller kessils make the tank look very unique. Now if you could just match those screws!

Yeah, I definitely need to figure out something with those. I'm thinking of just ordering some plastic thumb screws and nuts.

Updated the OP and added a new FTS. Tank is a little dirty lol.58fca1fbdabb4_IMG_42121.thumb.JPG.93dfad4cbf1008d0f3bb77804146465e.JPG

58fca2ea41852_IMG_42131.thumb.JPG.fa75ad79e1b42c7aed5fc2833824b9f3.JPG58fca2f824930_IMG_42141.thumb.JPG.fc4066af64ace7e5cae55b91113a6455.JPG

• Like 1

Frag disk garden looks great! ;) Will you be removing the pieces and gluing to your rockwork?  Or leave them to encrust the frag tiles?

I have a whole bunch of frag plugs standing in my barebottom tank lol.  Can't wait to get the stems off or get the corals off, one.

• Like 1
HighCurrent

Frag disk garden looks great! ;) Will you be removing the pieces and gluing to your rockwork?  Or leave them to encrust the frag tiles?

I have a whole bunch of frag plugs standing in my barebottom tank lol.  Can't wait to get the stems off or get the corals off, one.

LOL Thanks! I plan on leaving the zoas on the tiles. I plan on getting enough different ones to cover the entire bottom.

Just now, HighCurrent said:

LOL Thanks! I plan on leaving the zoas on the tiles. I plan on getting enough different ones to cover the entire bottom.

Hey, that will look pretty cool!  Once they grow and cover the tiles it'll look like a great big multicolor zoa rug!

• Like 1
HighCurrent
15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hey, that will look pretty cool!  Once they grow and cover the tiles it'll look like a great big multicolor zoa rug!

Pretty much the look I'm after! Totally cover my sand bed.

That would look super cool!  I was going for the ric carpet look myself, before the dang tank crashed.  Maybe someday lol.

Today, however, I gotta break down the tank and pack it for the long drive south.  Yay moving? :lol:

• Like 1
HighCurrent

That would look super cool!  I was going for the ric carpet look myself, before the dang tank crashed.  Maybe someday lol.

Today, however, I gotta break down the tank and pack it for the long drive south.  Yay moving? :lol:

Ugh....sounds awful lol

Panda_corals
52 minutes ago, HighCurrent said:

Ugh....sounds awful lol

How did you fit the 1.5 sicce in the p14, did you use the same section as the stock pump? I could not get a 1.5 in that section. 

• Like 1
HighCurrent
56 minutes ago, Panda_corals said:

How did you fit the 1.5 sicce in the p14, did you use the same section as the stock pump? I could not get a 1.5 in that section. 

Yes. Did you take off the extra snap on cover?

HighCurrent

Well after many hours of work, I finally have all the equipment settled and all wiring tucked in nicely.

Also, added another powerhead. Seems like over kill but I got it used for a great deal!

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

• Like 1
HighCurrent

OP Updated with FTS and new zoas.

Managed to win a Cornbred Krakatoa God Paly in a contest. Pretty pumped on that!

Also, finally got a good deal on a PC Rainbow Acro headed my way next week...even more pumped about that! Still need to make room for it though lol.

• Like 1

Tanks looking wicked! Have the same one on the way cant wait. Was wondering how the skimmer is working for you? I have one laying around so might try that before investing in something else. 

• Like 1