Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tron is ready for a new nano skimmer, suggestions?

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey guys, after 3 years with the Cad lights PLS-50 line... and few dead pumps, I'm ready for something new...

i have about a 4" width to squeeze this guy into....

Suggest away!

SouthFlorida_Tron
3 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

What's the length of the compartment? 

I have plenty of length to work with, only 4" of width to squeeze into, and 6" of water depth. 

Tricky one...

Or i can try skimmer less and see how that goes, ill have to keep up with the WCs!

30 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

Could you sneak an Ice-Cap K2-50 in the back chambers?

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/icecap-k250-protein-skimmer-rated-4080g.html

I recently replaced my SCA301 with a K2-50 5 days ago. It started skimming on day 2, and has been pulling better than my SCA301. 

A little workhorse, the K2-50 is a great suggestion.

I have one running on a 50 gallon system right now and it is hauling out the skimmate.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I dont think the slim skim will have sufficient water level but that k2 looks like it may work! I think i can squeeze it in! Worth the $130?

46 minutes ago, SouthFlorida_Tron said:

I dont think the slim skim will have sufficient water level but that k2 looks like it may work! I think i can squeeze it in! Worth the $130?

That will be a matter of opinion, but I quite like it for the price.

4 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

That will be a matter of opinion, but I quite like it for the price.

^ It was definitely a $130 well spent for me. The only downside is probably the small collection cup. It only holds 200ml of skimmate, so I've needed to empty my cup every 1.5-2 days with a dark, green tea colored skimmate.

I really like the aquaticlife 115. It's pulling out skimmate pretty nicely. Or you can spend $10 more for the Fluval PS2. Identical design except the latter has the silencing mod built-in.

Archived