Coral Vue Hydros

Marine Depot excellent customer service

lkoechle

So, if you've been following my tank thread or the associated Sicce 1.5 thread, I have been having issues with my Sicce pump I ordered from @Marine Depot in the beginning/mid February.

It was/is insanely loud.  I began contacting Sicce through e-mail and phone with no luck so I contacted Jeff, the N-R person for Marine Depot and he was very kind in getting my help and setting up details for me to call customer service and quickly have a replacement sent to me.  It was a 2 minute, maybe, conversation to get the replacement pumped shipped.

Unfortunately, the replacement pump had an almost identical noise issues.  I contacted Marine Depot again (this time with videos as well to help demonstrate the issue) and worked with Manny, who I believe is their head of customer service, we talked about the issue and agreed to a game plan.  Because I am totally okay with being wrong and it doesn't cost either of us to wait a week to see if the pump with quiet itself down.  Unfortunately, it did not and as the days went on I continued to dig and research including in post topic to see if other users would send me videos so I can hear what their pumps sound like.  

Today was the day of our agreed "check up". I also made a last ditch attempt to reach Sicce. I had bad news for Manny since the pump did not quiet down.  We had decided perhaps the best step at this point was to return the pump and purchase different ones.  It was in the middle of this conversation I finally heard back from Sicce.  I asked Manny if I could take the call, he gave me his extension (which I promptly forgot because I'm bad with numbers) so i could call him back.  Thankfully, Sicce is sending me out a new impeller and from my research, the few pumps that have noise issues, the impeller is to blame and the pump works after it is replaced.  Hopefully the same will hold true for me.

I called Manny back to update him on the situation and thank him for his patience throughout this tiring and frustrating process.  He told me that in the event the impeller does not fix the issue, our previous agreement still stands which I thought was very kind.  Hopefully I don't have to take him up on that.

I am extremely satisfied with Marine Depot's initial customer support to the issue as well as their ongoing support.  I would reccommend anyone to use them.  It's frustrating to have to order things online and not have them work properly since that eats more time and money and Marine Depot has shown me that they try to make that the least frustrating it can be for their consumer.

Absolutely excellent customer service. 

Thank you.

Marine Depot
18 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

So, if you've been following my tank thread or the associated Sicce 1.5 thread, I have been having issues with my Sicce pump I ordered from @Marine Depot in the beginning/mid February.

It was/is insanely loud.  I began contacting Sicce through e-mail and phone with no luck so I contacted Jeff, the N-R person for Marine Depot and he was very kind in getting my help and setting up details for me to call customer service and quickly have a replacement sent to me.  It was a 2 minute, maybe, conversation to get the replacement pumped shipped.

Unfortunately, the replacement pump had an almost identical noise issues.  I contacted Marine Depot again (this time with videos as well to help demonstrate the issue) and worked with Manny, who I believe is their head of customer service, we talked about the issue and agreed to a game plan.  Because I am totally okay with being wrong and it doesn't cost either of us to wait a week to see if the pump with quiet itself down.  Unfortunately, it did not and as the days went on I continued to dig and research including in post topic to see if other users would send me videos so I can hear what their pumps sound like.  

Today was the day of our agreed "check up". I also made a last ditch attempt to reach Sicce. I had bad news for Manny since the pump did not quiet down.  We had decided perhaps the best step at this point was to return the pump and purchase different ones.  It was in the middle of this conversation I finally heard back from Sicce.  I asked Manny if I could take the call, he gave me his extension (which I promptly forgot because I'm bad with numbers) so i could call him back.  Thankfully, Sicce is sending me out a new impeller and from my research, the few pumps that have noise issues, the impeller is to blame and the pump works after it is replaced.  Hopefully the same will hold true for me.

I called Manny back to update him on the situation and thank him for his patience throughout this tiring and frustrating process.  He told me that in the event the impeller does not fix the issue, our previous agreement still stands which I thought was very kind.  Hopefully I don't have to take him up on that.

I am extremely satisfied with Marine Depot's initial customer support to the issue as well as their ongoing support.  I would reccommend anyone to use them.  It's frustrating to have to order things online and not have them work properly since that eats more time and money and Marine Depot has shown me that they try to make that the least frustrating it can be for their consumer.

Absolutely excellent customer service. 

Thank you.

Hi lkoechle,

It's Friday, it's "take your dog to work day" @ MD ... and then  this heartwarming praise pops up in my inbox. Thank you so much!!!

I know Manny will appreciate your kind sentiments as well, so I just chatted him over a link to this thread.

We love helping out fellow fish keepers and are truly grateful for your business.

Hit us up anytime you need anything.

Sincerely,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Archived