Cultivated Reef

Major new feature: Graphical custom schedule

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

Bluefish Mini users, you now have access to a major new feature that has been heavily requested:

20170216_184957_zpsawvvmhn6.png

This will let you have complete control over your lighting schedule.  

Access it from Settings > Extras > Custom Schedule Preview

Please be aware that this is a feature in beta testing, so there may be some bugs to work out.  

A couple other notes:

-Fast Forward function not currently working
-No moon phase functionality (planning to add a "moon color" settings box, start and end times, and option to use moonrise/set times from your sim location)
-The lightgraph from the status screen only has 10 minute resolution, so keep this in mind if you are creating a really detailed schedule

-not compatible with "Fan on Channel 6" option yet

Please give it a shot, have fun,  and let me know your feedback in this thread.  I will push this update out to full Bluefish and Bluefish for Razor this weekend.  

Tom@HaslettMI

Very cool! I just hopped on and tried it... I only have one channel to adjust. I run a six channel Nanobox. I really didn't play around with it so it might be straightforward and I missed it. 

Thanks,

Tom

SpencerShepard
49 minutes ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Very cool! I just hopped on and tried it... I only have one channel to adjust. I run a six channel Nanobox. I really didn't play around with it so it might be straightforward and I missed it. 

Thanks,

Tom

It might appear that way since all channels are set the same initially.  Just pick a point and play with the sliders.

Very cool! Just verified I can get to it on mine. It would be nice if it started from whatever schedule you currently have set up through the usual settings, though.

SpencerShepard
15 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Very cool! Just verified I can get to it on mine. It would be nice if it started from whatever schedule you currently have set up through the usual settings, though.

Cool, please play with it and let me know what you think.  Starting from your existing schedule isn't as simple as it sounds. Many people use Natural Sun mode, and the new custom mode works quite differently than both existing modes.

SpencerShepard
16 hours ago, Marc.The.Shark said:

Is this ready for the Full Bluefish yet?

Good to go now Marc.  Just pushed it out.  Let me know what you think.

SpencerShepard

I've had a few people ask via email whether the schedules they create now could be lost since this is "beta".

The answer is no.  Your custom schedule will be saved and used as long as you wish.  The only things that will change are minor superficial things like layout, menu location, and other minor tweeks.

very cool. am I right that I can now define a moon phase with for example the blue channel only being at like 1% for a few hours and then shut all channels off completely?

SpencerShepard
4 hours ago, mpad said:

very cool. am I right that I can now define a moon phase with for example the blue channel only being at like 1% for a few hours and then shut all channels off completely?

Yup.

Marc.The.Shark
On 3/13/2017 at 1:40 PM, SpencerShepard said:

Good to go now Marc.  Just pushed it out.  Let me know what you think.

Yep, I see it now. Haven't had time to set it up yet.

4 hours ago, mpad said:

This is what we were waiting for. The Bluefish was awesome before, but this makes it almost perfect!

Super! Thank you spencer :)

To make it perfect IMHO would be an import export feature for the schedules for easy sharing and swapping.

Oh, I just found out it doesn't show dimming values below 1%, even if I enter manually (I don't know if it saves it though). It would be nice to set lower values like in the default settings. I use 0.4 % for moonlight for example.

Marc.The.Shark

Can I change the colors of the sliders from the default? My setup is DIY and my white channel is #1. I am using NanoBox arrays, but have the channels different than Dave sets them up

SpencerShepard
13 hours ago, mpad said:

Super! Thank you spencer :)

To make it perfect IMHO would be an import export feature for the schedules for easy sharing and swapping.

Oh, I just found out it doesn't show dimming values below 1%, even if I enter manually (I don't know if it saves it though). It would be nice to set lower values like in the default settings. I use 0.4 % for moonlight for example.

I think you should be able to enter 0.4 manually (tap the text field below a slider) but I will check to make sure tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Marc.The.Shark said:

Can I change the colors of the sliders from the default? My setup is DIY and my white channel is #1. I am using NanoBox arrays, but have the channels different than Dave sets them up

Yep, go to settings>lighting>channel setup>display color

Marc.The.Shark
2 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

Yep, go to settings>lighting>channel setup>display color

Had that set up already, but went back and did it again (selected colors) & still not carrying over. It's working fine in the rest of the app, just not the new schedule tool.

SpencerShepard
12 hours ago, Marc.The.Shark said:

Had that set up already, but went back and did it again (selected colors) & still not carrying over. It's working fine in the rest of the app, just not the new schedule tool.

Thanks for catching that Marc.  It should be fixed now.  

4 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

It is fixed for the graph, but still not carrying over to the sliders for me.

Another thing that does not carry over is the "Display Channel" set to OFF setting, they still show. for example I only use 4 channels, but all six show...

19 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

I think you should be able to enter 0.4 manually (tap the text field below a slider) but I will check to make sure tomorrow.

I just tested and it will write a zero, also the light is off. If you could add those super cool + and - buttons for fine tuning would be great for stubby fingers like mine. maybe above and below the sliders. But entering text is fine too.

these are minor tweaks, but all in all this is great. Awesome new feature indeed!

Marc.The.Shark
5 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

Still not working for me on the Full Bluefish. Tried logging out & back in and selecting colors again and still the same.

SpencerShepard

Really appreciate the feedback, guys.  I've fixed the dimming resolution to 0.1%, and the slider colors should be fixed as well.  

Hiding the channels not being used is causing some format issues that will require more time to fix than I'm willing to spend right now, so I will have to add it to my to-do list.  

Archived