SaltCritters.com

New 29G stocking!

coryoverkill

coryoverkill

Hi all! 

I'm starting a 29G reef, I have 40 LBS of live rock, 2 Aquaclear 50s, working on a skimmer, and the Current LOOP lighting and circulation pump system for my tank. I was planning on a pair of clowns, but that's all I've got so far. Just wondering some stocking suggestions? And should I go with a glass hood or no hood? Thanks in advance for the help! :) 

Hey you have so many choices as far as livestock. Small wrasse are colorful and hold there own ground with clowns. I would go with a mesh type lid instead of glass. Let's oxygen in and keeps fish from leaping out.

RIP Sebastian

For all marine fish, you pretty much need a top. Most people use a mesh/screen top because it's good for gas exchange. Since you said you want a pair of clowns, you can only add two more fish to that tank.

RIP Sebastian
4 minutes ago, coryoverkill said:

Thanks! :) Would like a reptile type lid would work? 

The one shat isn't solid? Like with the black mesh? Yeah. Just watch out for rust.

I used a piece of that plastic with half inch squares that is used for drop cielings under the flourecent lights. Picked it up at home depot for under 20 bucks. It's a bit brittle to cut but it works ok.

fishfreak0114

For stock ideas I would check out Igreens Ultimate guide to nano fish in the beginners forum. It's a great place to get ideas. In my bc29 I have a pair of clowns, a tailspot blenny, a green clown goby, and I will be adding an orchid dottyback (most likely). 

Archived