Top Shelf Aquatics

Beware dealing with WAR EAGLE REEFER

Canadianeh

16 minutes ago, PDR said:

Oh come on now. You know good and well this could have happened to you on any of the major reef forums. I recently had something similar happen over on r2r so don't try and take it out on NR.

It is true. It has been my experience. Can't speak for others. 

15 minutes ago, Water Dog said:

Consider it a valuable lesson learned.  There is no such thing as an "honor system" when it comes to internet buying and selling.  There is no deal until both money is exchanged and the item is received by the other party.

When I deal on internet, I deal the same way as I was dealing in person using "honor system".

Many are taking of advantage and they do whatever they want hiding behind IP. 

4 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

Worst offending site for me so far is Kijiji (Canada's Craigslist).

I'd have to say I've had no issues at all on NR.com, although most of my dealings with aquatics gear has been GTA Aquaria, or Reptiles Canada.

You have to be cautious and mindful on all platforms.

I don't go to kijiji. Many of them are just bullies and waste of time. 

I have no issues with other forums in Canada. 

7 minutes ago, Canadianeh said:

I don't go to kijiji. Many of them are just bullies and waste of time. 

I have no issues with other forums in Canada. 

I'd say that I sell through Kijiji 5 to 1 over forums since many forum members still look at Kijiji when trying to find an item, and not just in their forum classifieds.

Trust me when I say that Canadian forums are not immune to this sort of stupidity. You're better off remaining skeptical of all buyers regardless of where they found your item, rather than regretting ignorance later on. I've even had one transaction go really well, and the same buyer give me a headache during a completely different transaction down the road.

Glad you've been having mostly good experiences though! That is always good to hear. Usually people only talk about the bad experiences, so it can seem like there are more of them than the good.

Bella's Reef

I say take it as a loss/learning lesson and move on. Re-post the sales ad with US dollars for asking price and shipping and you should be good to go.

1 hour ago, Canadianeh said:

I know. I guess I am used with other members and other forums. 

I have to be extra cautious now when dealing with members on this forum. Crazy for sure./

29 minutes ago, Canadianeh said:

It is true. It has been my experience. Can't speak for others. 

To insult the Nano Reef family, who has been very helpful in holding your hand since you started posting here because you feel you got burned when someone decided not to buy something they never paid for is a bit much in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Water Dog said:

To insult the Nano Reef family, who has been very helpful in holding your hand since you started posting here because you feel you got burned when someone decided not to buy something they never paid for is a bit much in my opinion.

Please don't be misunderstood. I didn't mean to paint everyone here using the same brush. I meant to say this is my first dealing with someone here and I got bad experience that I have not gotten from the other forum in Canada.

I am sure not everyone here is like him. Like I said it is my experience to share and take it with grain of salt. 

Lesson learned. Let's move on.

1 hour ago, Canadianeh said:

Please don't be misunderstood. I didn't mean to paint everyone here using the same brush.

2 hours ago, Canadianeh said:

I have to be extra cautious now when dealing with members on this forum. Crazy for sure./

There's no misunderstanding.

You directly stated that you have to be careful dealing with members on this forum.  Since you will not have any prior knowledge (the majority of the time) of others on this forum, you have stated that you automatically have to be careful with members of this forum.

Your soapbox preaching and condemning of this community on a whole is over the top.  And please don't backtrack on you didn't mean this or that because you have been emphatically clear on how much you despise backing out of anything.

3 minutes ago, mattskims said:

There's no misunderstanding.

You directly stated that you have to be careful dealing with members on this forum.  Since you will not have any prior knowledge (the majority of the time) of others on this forum, you have stated that you automatically have to be careful with members of this forum.

Your soapbox preaching and condemning of this community on a whole is over the top.  And please don't backtrack on you didn't mean this or that because you have been emphatically clear on how much you despise backing out of anything.

Listen you are free to take my story whichever you like. I already stated clearly that I didn't mean the whole members. No need to soap preaching me and act like internet tough guy.

I already said lesson learned and move on. You think whatever you want. It doesn't effect me nor I care. It is MY side of story based on FIRST hand experience. Take it or leave it.

• Christopher Marks locked this topic

Archived