Innovative Marine Aquariums

It's alive

Toomanyfish

Toomanyfish

There's some shrooms and some kind of encrusting sps on the rocks. It's all well established live rock , wondering if there's going to to have a mini cycle or not

• Like 1

There will be some die off. Only testing will tell when the cycle is over. I think it's better to be on the conservative side when it comes to cycling.

Toomanyfish

Its original marcorocks dry rock from early 2000 ( they don't sell this type any more )

it came from a tank that was set up for 9 years

Here's some close up of some of the mushrooms 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Toomanyfish

It's more for my little daughter so a pair of clowns ,might get a sailfin blenny and snails

as for corals I'm going for a mix of everything . Need to upgrade the lights first 

Hers a few shots of it right now, 3 days old

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
Toomanyfish

Lfs didn't want to sell me the shrimp because the tanks only been running for a week , they told me they wouldn't replace it if it died .

They didn't believe I had brittle stars in the tank lol   

Moving a little fast, LFS was right in not wanting to sell you the shrimp wit a tank that has only been running a week. The sitting of brittle stars in your  tank doesn't mean its established.

Either way since you have the clowns and shrimp already:

Time to perform a water change if you haven't already. Also, I would hold back on adding anymore live stock for a while and keep your eye on your ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Keep on top of weekly water changes.

Toomanyfish

Not a fan of many water changes here, unless there's a real big problem 

this is the smallest tank I've ever had since 2004 but shouldn't be any harder to take care of as long as water is stable like any other tank

Op did say the live rocks did come from another tank, now whether those live rocks had a short transit or if they been out water for a while that has not been mentioned.  So cycling may not be as bad if they went from one tank to another. But Toom everyone is right, you should slow down a bit, nothing is worse than loosing live stock, for you and them, let the tank have a chance to get stable. Also water changes are extremely important in the saltwater world, not sure if had other saltwater tanks or fresh, but you should at least do a water change every few weeks and that's only if you have really easy corals, the sps coral on those rocks will not make it.