inTank Media Baskets

oogietank! ADA Cube Garden 45P

oogie

Alright! Now that I finally settled down in apartment here in Korea, its time to break out oogietank one more time!

I have always wanted ADA tank and I finally bought one!

ADA Cube Garden 45P 102-8512

45x27x30cm (approx:18"x10.6 "x12")

One thing i learned the hard way, time after time from nano reefin' here since 2001 is, TAKE IT SLOW!

So its going to be rather slow build!

I decided to install overflow on the side panel since I want this tank to be view-able from both back and front.

Overflow Box I settled on is

Eshopps Eclipse S

Here is picture of tank drilled

ada_hole1.thumb.jpg.c83f747d0ba84cba4085d20321a5fc1d.jpg

Here are two pics of overflow box installed....

ada_hole2.thumb.jpg.cd9e7b0aa1d5fa4e9ba467a3107e5711.jpgada_hole3.thumb.jpg.b830f2b6490e6108956c0869bc0232f0.jpg

Its good to be back!

More to come!

• Like 12
19 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

What's the LFS scene like in Busan?

LFS scene is terrible here!

I wish I was in the states........ :(

14 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

How about online shops? Anyone shipping coral frags and the like overnight?

Yes... there are some decent shops in Seoul.  Since Koera is a small country, every parcel is an overnighter.... haha  Everything comes next day and its not even air shipping!

• Like 7

I drilled the tank and installed 1/2" bulkhead for the return.  I know I have to worry about back siphon due to location of it, but I am installing check valve and UPS that can run my pump for at least 5 hours so I think it should be safe.  I think this location keeps everything clean looking.

73BbZEJ2_6BmbiV_2dnB2y_1920000.thumb.jpg.b81cede598c281fd3ed8815cf8c705cc.jpg

73BbZEJ2_66GNsk_45nRS9_1920000.jpg

More to come.......

• Like 8
Christopher Marks

Looks very sleek and mnml! Have you considered painting the back panel black?

That's great there are good shops in Seoul at least, it's too bad the Seoul so far away, but if everything still shows up next day...

If you ever make it out to visit some shops I hope you'll give us a photo tour :)

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Have you considered painting the back panel black?

If you ever make it out to visit some shops I hope you'll give us a photo tour :)

I initially was going to paint it, because I painted every tank I owned before, but this time i am going to try make everything neat enough to proudly show my plumbing skills! HAHA

After tank is filled, I will go to Seoul and def. post a picture tour!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, adinsxq said:

How did you decide where to drill the hole?

1.  Try to find least intrusive place since I am not going to paint the back.

2. Since this tank will be bare botom, this placement will keep detritus from settling on the bottom.

3. And 99% of the reason is, spur of the momment, just do it, whatever!

• Like 4

I mean... I know the kit includes a hole location template, but how did you make the decision on the actual distance from the top? I only ask because it seems like once you've drilled the hole, your tank's water level will be set by the cuts in the overflow and return flow rate.

1 minute ago, adinsxq said:

I mean... I know the kit includes a hole location template, but how did you make the decision on the actual distance from the top? I only ask because it seems like once you've drilled the hole, your tank's water level will be set by the cuts in the overflow and return flow rate.

I actually was worried about this....

Template included in the kit is designed in a way that if you follow it, top of overflow box is on par with top of the aquarium.

I did make it tiny bit higher but I still think water level might be too low.  I am 100% sure that water level will never be too high.

So I am gonna continue the build and when I fill the  aquarium and water level is too low, I am gonna cut some acrylic to block the lower portion of the cuts from inside to raise the water level.

• Like 2

OK, I made this stand with my friend who has all the tools need for wood working! He is a really fantastic carpenter!

Here is stand in its place!

stand01.thumb.jpg.85c0c35ae3ed04d0f09eb6c8d545fb7b.jpg

Here is shot from top.  Space on the left is for pipes and other plumbing to go thru.... It will be covered later with a black acrylic sheet.

stand02.thumb.jpg.74cde2f1021f47c888933f837a6713bf.jpg

Inside shot! - Power brick on the right side (2-slots) is powered by APC Smart-UPS C1500.

It should give me about 2 hours with my return pump.

stand03.thumb.jpg.20c04d146f15e284f98b9f508efe97b4.jpg

More to come!

• Like 5

Here is aquascape!

I used two pieces of Real Reef Rock and rest are Tonga branch rocks.

Since this is 3-side view tank, it was little bit hard, but here is what I came up with.....

Right side view

scape-r.jpg.63d4b9d99fd9961071e12aa8b2579fb6.jpg

Center view

scape-c.thumb.jpg.38d3371583bd76afec2d9c58039f4eec.jpg

Left side view

scape-l.jpg.93eaad3c34e4f7edb61434c3ae54aab5.jpg

More to come...

• Like 2

Cool setup--including the workstation.  The stand looks well made.

I wouldn't put a tank next to my computer, though.  I think it would destroy my productivity with all the time I'd spend staring at it. :D 

• Like 5