Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

oogietank! ADA Cube Garden 45P

oogie

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Christopher Marks said:

How has your summer been going @oogie?

Your final aquascape is really something special, the tonga rock 'stilts' are unreal. Such a cool way to embrace a bare bottom tank! It's too bad the anemone didn't work out but I think your new direction made for an even better result. Seeing some new growth in all the frags now that they're settled?

Thanks Chris!

This has been one heck of summer for me!  I had concert every week!  I did travel a lot but  I was away for couple days at a time so tank was not neglected.

Because It was so hot in Busan, Thermo-Chill I had installed wasn't close to cooling the water.  So I went ahead and bought a 1/10 hp chiller.  I also upgraded light to Nanocustoms dual light fixture custom built for me by Dave Fason.  I will update with pictures later tonight!

Thanks!!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, oogie said:

Thanks Chris!

This has been one heck of summer for me!  I had concert every week!  I did travel a lot but  I was away for couple days at a time so tank was not neglected.

Because It was so hot in Busan, Thermo-Chill I had installed wasn't close to cooling the water.  So I went ahead and bought a 1/10 hp chiller.  I also upgraded light to Nanocustoms dual light fixture custom built for me by Dave Fason.  I will update with pictures later tonight!

Thanks!!

I'm really looking forward to pics!!

I'm sorry that original chiller didn't work out for you, I thought it was interesting. 

Are you without air conditioning in Busan?

• Like 1

@Weetabix7 Thanks for the post.  We do have Air Conditioning but I didn't want to leave it on all day even when I am not there.....

Here are some pics... Lights just came on so corals are not fully open yet.

Here is custom made Nanobox Duo just for me!

tank01.jpg.43bb18b01c0019cbc750d5991bdac0cb.jpg

Here are 2 shots of left side.

tank03.jpg.3966318a5f762ea2e1a27477aa908bba.jpg

tank02.jpg.2d81207b955f07e17f2204badf26a442.jpg

I need to get a decent Camera.... These phone camera pics doesn't come out that good!

More to come....

Thanks!!!

tank04.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Your tank is beautiful and filling in nicely! 

Do you test your water?

I'd be curious what your nitrates are. The tank is so clean with little apparent detritus and I know it has a fairly high turn-over rate. I'm guessing they are very low. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Do you test your water?

I'd be curious what your nitrates are.

OK! I confess......

After keeping nano since 2003, this time around I have been lazy doing tests.  I do about 30% water change weekly, good skimmer (Tunze 9002 DC) and carbon reactor seems to do the job. Also I only have one fish and I hand feed it so nothing goes to waste! Not even one single pellet! Because of my schedule as concert musician, I wanted low-maintenance corals.  I don't dose anything at all!  After I tested for Nitrite for cycling, I haven't tested anything.....   I think one of biggest benefit of Nano tank is being able to do large % of water changes in weekly bases without too much strain on your wallet and your back!

Thanks

• Like 2

Oh geez...I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. No judgement here. I think it's great what you are doing. 

It's clear your corals are thriving in very a clean tank and just wondered if any nitrates were detectable. I've read that a little nitrates are a good and so I'm always curious when I see examples like yours. 

Keep the updates coming. I love following this tank! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

I've read that a little nitrates are a good and so I'm always curious when I see examples like yours.

No no! You did not put me on the spot! Haha

It also was my understanding that little nitrate is needed specially for softies and lps to color up.  I am currently not worried because when I do water changes I still vacum up lots detritus in the sump.  Also I have lots of pods and little shrimps everywhere so it means even after 5 months or so, my dry rock is still producing nutrients.  I will keep my eye on detritus build up in the sump.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...