Innovative Marine Aquariums

How much sand for Nuvo Fusion 10g

3s1k

I have a Nuevo Fusion 10g and not sure if I need 10lbs or 20lbs. I'm not looking for a deep sanded. I usually have maybe 1 or 2" bed.

gone_PHiSHin

I put the whole 10 pound bag in my IM10 but it might be slightly too much.

get the ten pound bag and leave a pound or two out.

SarlinDescent

I used 1 20lb bag of Caribsea Special Grade Live sand (you get less sand with live than dry).  IMO, 10 would be more than enough.  The 20 is 2x the footprint of the 10.

20170305_161019.jpg

• 1 month later...
On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 8:13 AM, SarlinDescent said:

I used 1 20lb bag of Caribsea Special Grade Live sand (you get less sand with live than dry).  IMO, 10 would be more than enough.  The 20 is 2x the footprint of the 10.

20170305_161019.jpg

I Love your aquascape! Its beautiful and love the shimmer from your light.

Derrick1980
5 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I Love your aquascape! Its beautiful and love the shimmer from your light.

Yes very nice indeed!

On 3/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, 3s1k said:

I have a Nuevo Fusion 10g and not sure if I need 10lbs or 20lbs. I'm not looking for a deep sanded. I usually have maybe 1 or 2" bed.

I bought 6.6# of dry sand and had 1-2# left over. Mine is super shallow though, just wanted the look but not enough to be a chore to keep clean. I'd bet that ten pounds would get you at, or very near to, an inch. So go with the bigger bag if you want to get well over the inch mark. Don't forget to rinse to avoid clouding and all the silt that can pack into the sand bed. I know the directions on live sand say not to rinse and you don't have to, but rinsing in rodi/distilled and a final rinse in salt water won't have any negative effect on the bacteria. 

Archived