Jump to content

Recommended Posts

WV Reefer
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Wow, what the hell is this gorgeous thing? LPS?

SPS actually. I used to have another kind but it was bulldozed by a snail and I didn’t catch it in time to save it. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

🎶Well you know my name is Simon, and I like to do drawings🎶  
 

— not really, but this is Simon. 
 

9A3AD81C-0475-4E4E-895D-4A04161A0286.thumb.jpeg.372af6c3b1e4961412005196a1c02398.jpegB436AFF0-D338-4055-9D2A-D85072D75F0B.thumb.jpeg.e1df2aafdaa0b27e262bac8c4f6912e9.jpeg


A few months ago I ordered a Yellow Banded and it died almost immediately from shipping stress I assume. I really wanted the Tanaka anyway and got lucky with this guy. 😊

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
29 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

🎶Well you know my name is Simon, and I like to do drawings🎶  
 

— not really, but this is Simon. 
 

9A3AD81C-0475-4E4E-895D-4A04161A0286.thumb.jpeg.372af6c3b1e4961412005196a1c02398.jpegB436AFF0-D338-4055-9D2A-D85072D75F0B.thumb.jpeg.e1df2aafdaa0b27e262bac8c4f6912e9.jpeg


A few months ago I ordered a Yellow Banded and it died almost immediately from shipping stress I assume. I really wanted the Tanaka anyway and got lucky with this guy. 😊

CUTE!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

CUTE!!

He’s so cool. I’ve wanted one forever but didn’t have room for it.  

Nemo approves. 😊

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Sweet little fish I had one in the 100 and it got lost...............was in my 40 for a while and was a cool little fish..........

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sweet little fish I had one in the 100 and it got lost...............was in my 40 for a while and was a cool little fish..........

He’s still very shy but is coming out more and more...... love watching him flutter around the rocks. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
Just now, WV Reefer said:

He’s still very shy but is coming out more and more...... love watching him flutter around the rocks. 

That’s how Altuve is. He wants to follow me around the tank but if I stop and look at him he runs off and hides like AAARGH!! Fish with personality are funny

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
Just now, WV Reefer said:

He’s still very shy but is coming out more and more...... love watching him flutter around the rocks. 

yes they are......mine would hang in the rocks and just wait for food.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 hours ago, spectra said:

yes they are......mine would hang in the rocks and just wait for food.

Hopefully he continues to do well........... I’ve never bought a fish over 40 bucks so he better make it! 😄

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
pmang6

He's so adorable! I remember reading about those fish on this site when i was 12 or so and wanting to keep one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
4 minutes ago, pmang6 said:

He's so adorable! I remember reading about those fish on this site when i was 12 or so and wanting to keep one.

He IS super cute and fun to watch. Nemo still isn’t sure what to make of him fluttering around everywhere. 😄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

He IS super cute and fun to watch. Nemo still isn’t sure what to make of him fluttering around everywhere. 😄

There's a couple on one of the other sites I'm on that just bred Tanaka's wrasses. He's at 62DPH so we'll be getting those little fellers captive bred soon.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

I love how they swim around like the been hitting the bottle all night, little drunks

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

Well, apparently Simon died. He looked great yesterday and then bam! Dead.  😐 I guess it will stay just Nemo and the Fat Boys. 
 

 

  • Sad 9
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
53 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Well, apparently Simon died. He looked great yesterday and then bam! Dead.  😐 I guess it will stay just Nemo and the Fat Boys. 
 

 

That’s what’s been happening to some of mine! So annoyingly mysterious 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
18 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

That’s what’s been happening to some of mine! So annoyingly mysterious 

I’m done ordering fish for awhile. I’ve never had many shipping issues but lately it seems like they are getting worse. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m done ordering fish for awhile. I’ve never had many shipping issues but lately it seems like they are getting worse. 

Yeah I thought just I was cursed. Guess it's a growing problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny

Mother Nature has been warning us for years and we're seeing the fall out of it now. Fish I never had issues with back in the 70s, 80s and 90s are problematic now. Some of it is climate change, some is due to collection and holding practices.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
23 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Well, apparently Simon died. He looked great yesterday and then bam! Dead.  😐 I guess it will stay just Nemo and the Fat Boys. 
 

 

Well that ####ing sucks!

Sorry to hear. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m done ordering fish for awhile. I’ve never had many shipping issues but lately it seems like they are getting worse. 

Are you getting them all from one place?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
23 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Are you getting them all from one place?

I had a few fish from Divers Den and a few from Blue Zoo that pretty much died immediately if not DOA.  I’ve always had good luck with shipped fish until recently. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I had a few fish from Divers Den and a few from Blue Zoo that pretty much died immediately if not DOA.  I’ve always had good luck with shipped fish until recently. 

You know what? Every fish I have right now that’s living well and looks super healthy came from either of the two LFS’s I use. The only fish from LA and Blue Zoo I bought that are still alive?? The murdering clown pair and the clowns in the big tank. They’re almost like cockroaches. 
 

Seeing this trend with your fish and mine I may quit buying and shipping stuff.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You know what? Every fish I have right now that’s living well and looks super healthy came from either of the two LFS’s I use. The only fish from LA and Blue Zoo I bought that are still alive?? The murdering clown pair and the clowns in the big tank. They’re almost like cockroaches. 
 

Seeing this trend with your fish and mine I may quit buying and shipping stuff.

I’ve been ordering fish for years and years  with only a few issues....... nothing like lately. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny

Just wait till y'all buy something from DD/LA that wipes out your whole tank. The only place that I've heard good from is AquariumFishSale.com. A few of my customers used them and said they had good luck with their fish, both marine and freshwater.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...